What's new

Shaky start....

I plan on diving back in after I go off duty tonight.

If not for my ham handed shaving/stropping, I wouldn't have ruined @Steve56 's edge.

Been bouncing back and forth on either getting a nice vintage straight to shave with and keep the GD to sharpen my honing skills, or a factory fresh GD. We shall see...

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Lol, I’ll fix the edge for you.

Get a vintage straight. Another Gold Dollar won’t give you a new experience.

I'm still making my way through the Lapping Film Try it thread.

Page 102 of 139.

I must be a straight convert. Due to my n00bness with that GD, if I shave this week, it will be with my Merkur DE.

........therefore I'm scruffy.

I may have to break down and get the DE out this afternoon. Don't enjoy being scruffy.

I am going to setup my honing stuff to bring with me in the tractor trailer, since I have alone time every evening in the sleeper. I'll just have to bring more water....
15807571266436098976182070781873.jpg

Attached my flat glass to a chunk of 2x4 that I had sanded flat, then thought what the heck and stained/sealed it.
20200206_202713.jpg

20200207_140357.jpg
20200207_140407.jpg

Probably should have stained/sealed the whole thing before attaching the glass, but it's just for me so I'm not worried about it.

Gasman here!
Although on this site Im under a different name. BTW, on the CB Im known as Mr. Wicked. The only CB Tech in Colorado Springs.

Get you a vintage Slim. You will be much better off. Back on the snow and ice covered roads for me.

Nice to meet you. I knew a Gasman when I lived in Cincinnati. We'd meet up just north of downtown Cincinnati and chase each other up to Cleveland. He'd go one way, I'd go the other, we would drop and hook at our respective yards, then haul butt back down to Cincinnati every night of the week.

Drive safe. Tomorrow I'm back at it.

If your serious about honing i will give you a tip, driver. And some folks here wont like it. Buy a real set of hones. Shapton glass come in a nice set that will fit in a cubby easy in the truck. Leave the film alone. JMO.

I haul fuel. Thats why the name. Drive a bomb around all day in the snow and ice covered Rocky Mountains. Just my thing but i manage to get home most every night. Ive done long haul in the past but i enjoy going home at night.

Im going to send you a PM. Lets chat. You will soon have a vintage straight.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... Shapton glass come in a nice set that will fit in a cubby easy in the truck. Leave the film alone. ....
The edge would be set at home but whatever means. When travelling he only needs to take a strop and one 0.1u diamond pasted balsa strop to keep that edge maintained, not a set of Shapton glass.

A properly maintained edge should be good for a hundred or hundreds of 3-pass shaves.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The edge would be set at home but whatever means. When travelling he only needs to take a strop and one 0.1u diamond pasted balsa strop to keep that edge maintained, not a set of Shapton glass.

A properly maintained edge should be good for a hundred or hundreds of 3-pass shaves.

This is true if you only like to shave. If you like to hone maybe not so much!

I see your running the new 959b. Fancy blue Galaxy. Its a nice radio for the money. And the Astatic Mic goes well with it. Best bang for your buck with that combination. And without going illegal! Pair that with a Wilson T2000 antenna and your all set.

That set of 7s looks nice Steve. Even better for space saving than the standard glass. Nice.

On this 2020 Cascadia, I'm running a 27" mast Predator 10k.

Sometime, I'll have to get my Stryker 955 fixed...

Top Bottom