What's new

Seraphim shout out

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Just wanted to recognize @Seraphim for his work. I bought one of the hammer forged look with barber notch and thumb notch from him a few months ago. It is CONSISTENTLY one of my best shavers and I have quite a few fine razors. Who would've thought that a gold dollar would out perform these other razors? He does a lot of work on these things and they are a fantastic value besides being very cool looking.

Had a one pass shave today with three days growth and again, it's BBS.

You guys wanting to start out and not gamble on the eBay razors should get in touch with him for a solid shaver.

Last edited:
I got a couple of his razors and they are my favorite straights. Just don't ask him about a chopstick kamisori!

I agree, he's a helluva guy!:thumbup1:

And those razors! Well, what can you say?

I'll just ignore Doc's cheap shot there.....he's still a bit touchy about how much money he had to dole out to buy off the judges in the Thrilla in Manilla hone shoot out.....:001_rolle

Last edited:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Oh yeah, I meant to add, before his head got too big, it's the razor work that I like. My honing is much better than his LOL. Stones trump film all day every day. I'm on my phone or I would add a ☺ here

But seriously, it has nothing to do with me, GDs are as fine a razor as any out there. I just grind away the unneeded bits.

You are the Phipps Festus Bourne of razors.

Who is Mr. Bourne?

He was a master wood carver whose carvings are almost exact replicas of real objects. “Carving a duck is simple,” he said. “You just look at a piece of wood, get in your head what a duck looks like, and then cut off everything that doesn’t look like it.”

You are the Phipps Festus Bourne of razors.

Who is Mr. Bourne?

He was a master wood carver whose carvings are almost exact replicas of real objects. “Carving a duck is simple,” he said. “You just look at a piece of wood, get in your head what a duck looks like, and then cut off everything that doesn’t look like it.”

Seems everyone has done their own version of this quote making it their own but the one who originally said it was Michelangelo when asked about sculpting marble and how he did it. His reply was to cut away everything that didn't look like what he was making.

Seems everyone has done their own version of this quote making it their own but the one who originally said it was Michelangelo when asked about sculpting marble and how he did it. His reply was to cut away everything that didn't look like what he was making.
Right, but doc was not going to compare me to Michael Angelo was he ?

Can't answer that specifically but having seen examples of the carvings my only comment is that this guy did carve wood objects.

Right, but doc was not going to compare me to Michael Angelo was he ?
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom