What's new

Semogue ownes club badger

I have becoome smitten after those pics too... the MdC seems like something I desperately need all of a sudden... I mena a great brush demands a great soap, right?

Ooh, now don't do that to me - failing to resist the brush was hard enough :001_smile

It's a wonderful brush. Great backbone and soft tips...Simpsons best badger are softer, but not by much (I've the Duke3, the Commodore X2 and the Berkeley). The backbone of the Semogue SOC is just outstanding!

My brush has a 24x53 loft and I really like it!

Attachments

• $Semogue SOC 2 Band 026.jpg
    $Semogue SOC 2 Band 026.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 116
Nathan (or anyone else), where would you estimate the level of scritch on the SOC compared to other brushes you've tried?

Francesco, I would say it is similar to the 2 Simpson's 2 bands I have tried (a Polo 8 and a Grosvenor). For me personally, not uncomfortably prickly but a nice bit of scritch that provides a nice exfoliating feeling while making or re-applying lather. Does that help?

Francesco, I would say it is similar to the 2 Simpson's 2 bands I have tried (a Polo 8 and a Grosvenor). For me personally, not uncomfortably prickly but a nice bit of scritch that provides a nice exfoliating feeling while making or re-applying lather. Does that help?

Definitely, Nathan - thanks.

Now we have the choices of the new LE's. I am still awfully tempted by the SOC badger. Since I can't buy a new brush this month, the SOC may still be my choice. I'm sure I wouldn't be disapointed.

I actually went with the 11' LE boar size 1, and the SOC badger for my recent order. I love the old handle style and logo, and it is the same hair going into the 11' LE badger. Best of both worlds for me. God help my visa.

I have becoome smitten after those pics too... the MdC seems like something I desperately need all of a sudden... I mena a great brush demands a great soap, right?

MdC is my all time favourite soap - you owe it your brushes and yourself to acquire some immediately!

My SOC 2 band is a great brush - dense, soft tips, but with just a little "scritch" and ample backbone. It's a treat to use and the wood handle is not only visually stunning, but very comfortable in the hand.

Last edited:
I actually went with the 11' LE boar size 1, and the SOC badger for my recent order. I love the old handle style and logo, and it is the same hair going into the 11' LE badger. Best of both worlds for me. God help my visa.

Actually it is not. I PM'd Leon about the differences in the SOC badger vs the LEs (to help justify the cost difference) and he said in addition to the LE being quite a bit denser, the SOC hairs are slightly inferior. The hairs used in the LE is "more refined and selective" as from Leon's words.

Actually it is not. I PM'd Leon about the differences in the SOC badger vs the LEs (to help justify the cost difference) and he said in addition to the LE being quite a bit denser, the SOC hairs are slightly inferior. The hairs used in the LE is "more refined and selective" as from Leon's words.

The website indicates that in both brushes the hair comes from the North of China from the badger species "Meles Meles" also known as European Badger or Eurasian Badger. Perhaps "more refined and selective" simply indicates that Leon is implementing a quality control measure that ensures only the best hair will be selected from this already exclusive and rare species?

The website indicates that in both brushes the hair comes from the North of China from the badger species "Meles Meles" also known as European Badger or Eurasian Badger. Perhaps "more refined and selective" simply indicates that Leon is implementing a quality control measure that ensures only the best hair will be selected from this already exclusive and rare species?

Yeah - what it sounded like is the source is the same, but the hair used in the LEs underwent a more rigorous selection process. Whatever, he could have just been feeding me a line. I'm more interested in how dense these are anyway as from the video posted they certainly look more dense than the thater 2-band I just received.

Top Bottom