What's new

Semogue Owners Club brush... First impressions

I missed the deadline for the LE 2009 brush, but when I read all the reviews, I thought they were a bit "over the top." How could a brush be as great as all that? Well, I've had my mind changed by the SOC!
Today was only it's third use, but it's already impressive! I chose Williams soap with no additives, to put it to a true test. So many people have trouble lathering this soap to a dense and consistent lather, that I wanted a real test of the SOC Boar.
I got the best Williams lather I ever got... If it had a different aroma, or if I was just going by sight alone, I would have guessed MWF. This brush is a true Lather Monster!
I can only guess how good it will be once properly broken in... It could just be scary!

Thanks to Señor Gomes, and all the other fine folks for making this brush a reality... A truly great one, that will only get better!

proxy.php

It is downright scary as it's broken in. The density, backbone, and scrubbiness of the LE 09 makes it my go-to brush.

If the entire knot was set like, 5mm deeper, I'd be happy as a pig (haha). The knot is just a touch long for my facelathering tastes. Not that I can't, but my LE certainly does spend a good amount of time with a hair tie pinching the base of the knot. Now that makes for a wonderfully scrubby, soft-tipped brush. I do, however, think this brush is perfectly suited to lathering MWF, one of my favorite soaps. Either on the puck, in my palm, or on the face, it all turns out well.... especially puck lathering.

Anybody else able to add their impressions?

I'm debating to get this, the 830, or the Omega 31xxx.

Any and all comparisons, impressions, etc. are welcomed.

Only good things to say from what I see so far. I've only used mine 6 times and today with tabac soap it was fantastic. Easy to get the feel and 'sound' of a good lather! Enjoy!

When you're on the front page, that is when you'll want to change from Euro to Dollar. Something is wonky about trying it sometime else.

I've been working away with mine for the last 10 or so days and it's getting better and better. I can't believe how this brush produces lather, especially from soaps!

Last night I tried it with some Pecksniff's Fern soap and it was the best lather I've ever had from that product.

It's not fully broken in yet, but already I can see that this brush is a cracker!!

My first impressions are that I can't get a LICK of lather with it...

...because it's still in New York, since July 3rd. Just got an update this morning that it's at the local sort facility, so I should finally have it today. I thought my Eagle might get here first. :lol:

Well I finally got around to using my SOC for the first time today. It is technically the "fourth" use as I've been test lathering it the past three days while I tried some of my new brushes to shave with (yes, I recently came down with a bad case of SBAD. It appears like it is an incurable disease.)

Well, I loaded my face with some La Toja shave stick and commenced to lather as I normally do. Now, I am quite familiar with La Toja and know how all my brushes handle it. Doing my normal routine and slowly adding water and lathering I ended up with the thickest, densest lather I have ever received from La Toja. I am not joking one bit. I had a very comfortable 3 pass shave with thick, dense lather for each pass. This brush is the bomb! I really can't wait till this is broken in.

Now on the minus side, I really feel bad for the rest of my semogues. I get the feeling that my 1470 and 2000 will end up on BST in the future and that my 620 and 830 will get less attention than they deserve. I will never get rid of the 620 and 830, but man this SOC is really impressive. I was thinking of trying the omega boars at some point, but now I'm thinking why even bother.

If you haven't ordered this brush yet, my question to you is "what are you waiting for!?"

i've had mine for about a week and i still can't manage to get much more than a single good pass of lather. i know they take a long while to break in but if i didn't know that, i would be profoundly disappointed.

it's hard to be patient....

i've had mine for about a week and i still can't manage to get much more than a single good pass of lather. i know they take a long while to break in but if i didn't know that, i would be profoundly disappointed.

it's hard to be patient....

That's strange. Do you face lather and what are you using for soap. As I mentioned in my previous post, using La Toja and face lathering in essentially this brushes fourth use my face exploded with lather and I had enough for 3 passes.

Hope you don't give up on this one as I can say after it's first use that it is definitely my best boar brush and I haven't even come close to breaking it in.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with you people. :001_smile

Just ordered an Owner's Club, a 1305 and some 444.

At least I can close out my WTB for a 1305 now, so ...

Thanks?

Top Bottom