What's new

Scrubbiest TGN knot?

The question is in the title, what is the scrubbiest knot (and loft height) from TGN? I see they recommend Pure for a stiff brush, and I've seen the Black badger mentioned here, but I like a truly stiff bristle for my face, what say you? Thanks!

-Matt-

I have a black badger set at 44 mm and 6 TGN finest set between 46-48mm. The black badger is by far the scrubbiest of the two.

If you're willing to go boar, the TGN bristle knot is very dense and scritchy/scrubby. I love it but it's not for everyone.

I've not tried TGN's boar but my last 2 restorations were black badger. They're super stiff and scrubby. I was prepared to dislike them but no such luck. I don't know what took me so long. I love 'em.

I had Rudy do my stiffest brush, a 16mm TGN Finest set at a 40 loft. Great for those days I want stiff and scrubby as it's all backbone and no bloom. The handle is 45mm for a good grip.

Attachments

• $RV blue wet 004.jpg
    $RV blue wet 004.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 95
Yup, the TGN Boar Bristle knot is super stiff and scrubby, has a really nice feel to it, and an awesome price.

I see that TGN has a 22 & a 24 Black Badger knot, which would be preferable (scrubby wise)? Is a shorter loft equal to a scrubbier brush? And heck, for the price, I might as well include a boar knot and try it out! Thanks gents!

-Matt-

Top Bottom