What's new

Schickuary 2012

January 3, 2011

A very nice BBS after two passes and a touch up. The shave was smooth, comfortable and FAST... There are those who don't "get" injectors but I really think that I may get better shaves with them than my DEs.

Exactly my thoughts on Injectors, very fast, comfortable & easy. I'm working on a 24 hour growth, still not enough for a shave tonight, this is a drawback to the injector razor's closeness so I'll shave in the Morning. I definitely agree the Injector does have me contemplating and exclusive love affair with Injector Shaving, even if it means waiting 36 hours between shaves... But I doubt I'd take that next step :confused1

Schick type E/Schick blade from Fred Meyer.

Shave not as good as with my Gems, but maybe I need practice.

So, has anyone come up with the definitive way to differentiate between types E and G?

Mine has a handle with a slight seam, but has only one patent and has the little flaps on the side of the spring.

Joe in Ballard

Under the Razor Head on the Circular Tab the "G" will have either; EverSharp or EverSharp & Schick stamped on it, the "E" has Schick Injector stamped. I find this site is helpful; http://www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.html

F-type
Nos PAL injector blade ("fits all injector razors")
Vergulde Hand stick as pre shave / prep lather
Erasmic puck and cream
Herban Cowboy boar
Aqua Lavanda Puig splash
Vitos dopobarba
Vitos After Shaving

Same today, changed the brush to Omega 49 tho. Yesterday I was surprised to find the shave lasted about 9 hours. With a razor that is said to be very mild, loaded with a 50 y.o. blade :huh:

... the Krona is a great razor for me if I am in a hurry- very forgiving! I am thinking this might be a great razor to give away to anyone just starting DE shaving.

A big reason I enjoy the Krona, so easy to use when I feel brainless, probably milder than my SS but it's too close to call. I have a Krona DE stashed away for my son, with four Injectors, three SEs and a 59SS.

... I now find that these old Schick injectors give me the closest shaves ever (BBS as they say here)-- but I did sort of have to learn how to shave all over again. I remember cutting myself a lot when I first started shaving many years ago... - these little injectors are ferocious---but once you get the knack, they are the best... -- a very light touch is needed-- exactly the opposite of a Krona. Schave on! (And again, you are probably right about the Krona and my face- I do not anticipate using it as often as my other razors.):w00t:

A Light touch Indeed, the injector will let you know if the touch isn't light enough, especially applying your AS. It took me about five shaves to really learn how to use an Injector razor, it's definitely worth the trouble. As for the Krona, even though its mild, I still use a light touch shaving, not as light as an injector but about as much as with other DE's, though I do like using a Personna Medical or Astra SP which may make a difference.

Here are some of my Injectors and my Krona + NOS Blades I still need to try, The White cartridge of Personnas are the Shaper Blades and the Cartridge doesn't have an insert key attached.

Attachments

• $IMG_2617.JPG
    $IMG_2617.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 113
  • $IMG_2618.JPG
    $IMG_2618.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_2620.JPG
    $IMG_2620.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_2616.JPG
    $IMG_2616.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 111
  • $IMG_2621.JPG
    $IMG_2621.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 110
Well, the only Schick I have is the "G" I recieved as a PIF from mftoms right after Christmas. Thanks again. I used it for the third time yesterday. Conk Bay Rum soap with a Col. Ichabod Conk badger (Christmas from the Admiral), and Personna 74 blade and started on a very smooth and comfortable shave. But about half way through I found myself sort of feeling like I was shaving with a Fusion. The Schick is so small, light and comfortable that it feels a lot different than my DEs and my GEM. But I got a little careless and managed to lower my BP just a small amount. Lesson learned. You can ONLY GET CARELESS with a Fusion, not with a REAL shaving instrument. Getting careless with a very sharp blade of any kind is rarely going to end well, and the slight bleeding was definitely MY FAULT.

Will I continue with Schickuary? I don't know and seriously doubt it. I LOVE THIS razor,but I have 3 DEs and a GEM all sitting on my shelf and all crying for use. So I'll probably use them some. So thanks again, and again for that very generous PIF and I will enjoy it and I will try to do Schickuary but it may require RAD to kick in.

TUnder the Razor Head on the Circular Tab the "G" will have either; EverSharp or EverSharp & Schick stamped on it, the "E" has Schick Injector stamped. I find this site is helpful; http://www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.html
Thanks, that helps. Then it's a type E3. I always saw folks saying that if it had the seams in the handle, then it's a type G. I guess that it certainly makes sense that bakelite can have seams just like any other kind of plastic. Still, the shave was pretty good. I'll keep atit with this guy, I'm sure that I'll learn it's ins and outs. joe in ballard

Jan 4:
Schick Injector/Eversharp Type G 66 Blue Handle
Schick Blade current production (Chick) 3
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
RSC Sensitive Cream
Nivea No Irritation ASB

Son of a gun! Got cocky this morning and nicked my chin with the mild old Krona! Serves me right for shooting my mouth off. I am so looking forward to using that G 3 this weekend. Nice pics of your Schick arsenal mftoms:001_smile

Shaved with the Schick type c1 this evening. That razor is sort of a sad case. It's an open comb and one of the end 'teeth' has been broken off and the loading mechanism does not work so well so it has to be loaded manually. (I think that the spring inside has become weakened over time and does not hold the blades firmly and thus they get out of alignment when trying to load.)

It worked fairly well, but I got a couple of nicks because of the unguarded corner of the blade (which would have been protected by the missing tooth.)

Not too bad, but back to the E3 tomorrow.

joe in ballard

Thanks RonV, I think the Easy Eider will be getting the NOS Schick Plus Platinum and test driven Friday. No need to Shave tonight, did another two-pass with the L3 at 4AM this Morning and I'm getting a light stubble right now. I'll break out the Krona/Wilkinson SS for the Two-Pass Morning Shave, It'll get me through the Day and I should have decent growth for Friday's shave.

Jan 5:
Schick Blade current production (Chick) 4
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Cella
Nivea No Irritation ASB

Shaved with the Schick type c1 this evening.

So to be clear- this is the type of Schick that you used? I have seen these on ebay and wondered about them--- you say it has a loading mechanism - what kind of blades does it use? Would you say that this would be more a collectable than a shaver even if it was mechanically OK? I could be wrong, but I would bet that not too many of us have had any experience with this vintage Schick.
I would be interested to hear more about it if you are so inclined!

Attachments

• $C 1.jpg
    $C 1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Update on Krona-- Got a DFS today on day five (5) on same Feather blade. Not bad. If this were my only razor, I could live with it- would not choose to do that but could if i had to :crying:
soap: Cella (face lathered)
AS: 4711
Enthusiastically ready to face the day. (In contrast to my demeanor before joining B & B when I pretty much scraped the whiskers from my face, lathered with bath soap remnants and rarely used AS!)

On convert note: Xmas Gifted a friend an old E in the original beat up, blue cardboard box (also gave his wife a Lady Gillette) and received great email reply from them which included picture below. This is the second razor that I have sent to him (first was a red tip and he loved it) ---but this is his first Schick and he is now a hopeless convert to vintage razors- don't know about his wife yet but he can use the Lady Gillette if she doesn't like it (great razor too). Think about it-- how many gifts that cost under $10 can you give to someone that, if they like the gift, have the potential of lasting them the rest of their lives, possibly getting used daily and could even be handed down to their son or daughter.

Attachments

• $Schick and LadyGillette.jpg
    $Schick and LadyGillette.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 85
vegasvics, yes it's an "I" and quite a beauty, welcome aboard and enjoy the fantastic shave it will surely provide.

Looks like it might be a Type I?

"i" have been looking for one--- in fact before I saw your post, I was on ebay swearing to myself that I needed an "I" and that would be enough for me for awhile in terms of razor acquisitions. Is this the model that opens to clean? It is beautiful. Let us know how it shaves! You ought get a G now as a basis for comparison. In fact, you ought get a "G" in all the different flavored handles :001_smile!!!!

Up next for me, starting Saturday is my G3 that I have been holding onto for a month without using (an unusual exercise in deferred gratification for this cowboy):

Attachments

• $G-3 (1024x713).jpg
    $G-3 (1024x713).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 77
So to be clear- this is the type of Schick that you used? I have seen these on ebay and wondered about them--- you say it has a loading mechanism - what kind of blades does it use? Would you say that this would be more a collectable than a shaver even if it was mechanically OK? I could be wrong, but I would bet that not too many of us have had any experience with this vintage Schick.
I would be interested to hear more about it if you are so inclined!

Yup, that is the guy. It also does not have the cover. Yes, t has its own built in blade loading mechanism. It uses standard injector blades that you have to manually load into the magazine.

Yes, it probably is more of a thing to look at rather than use. I do not see any blade stops, so you have to make sure that the blade is correctly seated. On mine the blade holding spring seems pretty weak, like it is made of brass or copper.

Joe in ballard

Tonight went back to the type E3. Nice BBS shave.

Working on the C1, trying to fabricate that missing end tooth. When that is done I can try it again. It is a neat little piece of engineering.

Joe in ballard

Jan 6:
Schick Blade current production (Chick) 5
Omega Pro
Palmolive Soap Stick
Nivea No Irritation ASB

Yesterday & today:

F-type
Nos PAL injector blade ("fits all injector razors")
Vergulde Hand stick as pre shave / prep lather
Erasmic puck and cream
Omega 00065
Aqua Lavanda Puig splash
Vitos dopobarba
Vitos After Shaving

Yesterday and Today:

Omega 10049
VDH Luxury Unscented Soap
Schick L-1
Schick blade
Witch Hazel