What's new

Schickuary 2012

Dcobranchi--Those look like they would fit-- I was up for buying a 20 blade cartridge but had trouble ordering, got annoyed and moved on-- decided to save site for when I had more patience. If this is your first time using an injector, I would recommend just going with the tried and true Schick-- if you don't get the free shipping at Amazon, you pay an extra two bucks so it costs you $7. (Looks like you found a great deal, mftoms. That's a lot a blades - I would be willing to split an order with you-- pm me if you are interested.)

My first shave of 2012, Jan 2: One BBS

Schick Injector/Eversharp Type G 66 Blue Handle
Schick Blade current production (Chick)
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Palmolive Soap Stick, with Old Spice original Indian formula giving me super lather
Old Spice AS
Nivea No Irritation ASB

Last edited:
I want to report on my first shaves with a Krona being as it's Schickuary:

To state the obvious - the old injectors and the Krona are like the Yin and Yang of shaving! I really have to use a light touch with the G or E injectors but with the Krona (and I loaded this baby with a brand new Feather), I have to bear down on the sucker like I mean it. I used too light a touch yesterday and I was scratching my chin all day wondering if I should shave again- but got serious today- lathered up with Tabac, and went for it. Got a DFS- topped it off with Ogallala Double Strength, Special Reserve, Bay Rum Cologne and (oh yea) I am ready to clean the crap out of the gutters as per SWMBF agenda on this unseasonably warm Philly day.

Additional notes with apologies to experienced Krona users for, again, stating the obvious but perhaps informative to people like me who, until a couple months ago thought Schick only made injectors: This DE razor has a rough and ready feel to it, in terms of balance (nice long knobby black rubber handle), and while shaving it even sounds like a more aggressive razor. It sounds like an old injector or a Gillette RedTip, but unlike the injectors, where I have to pay close attention not to nick myself (and I learned to shave using a G over 40 years ago so I kinda know what I am doing), I would have to work hard to cut myself with a Krona. The one I used today was not a looker (Ebay for 99 cents) but cleaned up nice and is doing its job. After a few more shaves with it, I will try out my new-to-me G-3 (going to see if I can wait until the weekend!!! :001_unsur).

Ah, just got a call from LOTH out shopping. The gutters . . . how could I forget???

Dcobranchi--Those look like they would fit-- I was up for buying a 20 blade cartridge but had trouble ordering, got annoyed and moved on-- decided to save site for when I had more patience. If this is your first time using an injector, I would recommend just going with the tried and true Schick-- if you don't get the free shipping at Amazon, you pay an extra two bucks so it costs you $7. (Looks like you found a great deal, mftoms. That's a lot a blades - I would be willing to split an order with you-- pm me if you are interested.)

Dcobranchi found that site, that's 8.57x the blades for ~ $20.00 more than the Amazon 4pack. I'm thinking about a purchase, I have the site Bookmarked.

Today was the L-1 again with a Schick blade, my Omega 10049 and VDH luxury soap followed by witch hazel and English Leather. I now have a BBS after two passes and some touch up. The site that was found earlier seems interesting.....

I bought a bunch of the real Schick blades on the B/S/T. Hopefully the razor and blades will arrive in time for a few good Schickuary shaves. If they really do last 10 shaves each, I have enough heading my way to last a year even if I never rotate back to DE. So, it'll be a while until I get to sample those Personnas.

I bought a bunch of the real Schick blades on the B/S/T. Hopefully the razor and blades will arrive in time for a few good Schickuary shaves. If they really do last 10 shaves each, I have enough heading my way to last a year even if I never rotate back to DE. So, it'll be a while until I get to sample those Personnas.

The Schick Blades I used were from amazon, I think you may have some NOS Schick Blades, could you post a photo of the package they came with, I've seen the New and NOS Injector Blades there. If they are NOS (New Out of Stock) I couldn't guess the number of comfortable shaves they will provide.

Third shave today with the G...didn't go so well. A lot of tugging and pulling, even on areas that normally don't have an issue. Could possibly be a blade issue as my prep was the same and I only had 24 hrs of growth. Finished up with a GEM Micromatic Closed Comb.

Ordered some Chinese Schick blades from Amazon. I'm sure the G will have better days ahead!

Schick G Injector
C. O. Bigelow
New Forest 2201 2 band Badger brush
Ivy Club "Spice" AS

Very long day today, but a good shave this morning. I'm really starting to like the shave I get from this injector. Different from DE, but a very good shave none the less.

Third shave today with the G...didn't go so well. A lot of tugging and pulling, even on areas that normally don't have an issue. Could possibly be a blade issue as my prep was the same and I only had 24 hrs of growth. Finished up with a GEM Micromatic Closed Comb.

Ordered some Chinese Schick blades from Amazon. I'm sure the G will have better days ahead!

I had a similar experience with the blade on the third shave, it smoothed out for the next seven.

I just completed my second shave with the L3 Injector/Personna shaper blade; I face lathered some Haslinger Aloe and completed a two-pass & touch-up, very smooth and close and I feel the sharpness of the blade as it cuts 49 hours of whiskers, loud audio feedback. I finished with an Alum Rub, had a bit of burn on the right side of my neck & under the right side of the jaw. Rinsed the Alum 3 minutes later and splashed on some Vintage Avon Oland AS, Feel the Burn, went away ~2minutes later. After work tomorrow I'll snap some photos of the Schick's I've acquired since the end of October

F-type
Nos PAL injector blade ("fits all injector razors")
Vergulde Hand stick as pre shave / prep lather
Erasmic puck and cream
Herban Cowboy boar
Aqua Lavanda Puig splash
Vitos dopobarba
Vitos After Shaving

I had a similar experience with the blade on the third shave, it smoothed out for the next seven.

As mftoms knows from our October/Schicktober experiences-- so did I! I was ready to give up on it but the next shave was completely different.
Today, had another DFS on the Krona-- with Williams no less and AV in a rush to get to work-- before I grabbed Krona, almost went for the electric (but it is not a Schick and it is Schickuary after all) - was in such a rush to get out the door- the Krona is a great razor for me if I am in a hurry- very forgiving! I am thinking this might be a great razor to give away to anyone just starting DE shaving.

January 3, 2011

Schick L-1 Injector
Chinese Schick Blade
Omega 10049
VDH Unscented Luxury
Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB

A very nice BBS after two passes and a touch up. The shave was smooth, comfortable and FAST. I am enjoying this immensely. Most of you know that my first razor was an L-1 Injector and shaving with one today is like coming home, minus the Barbasol canned cream. There are those who don't "get" injectors but I really think that I may get better shaves with them than my DEs.

I want to report on my first shaves with a Krona being as it's Schickuary:

To state the obvious - the old injectors and the Krona are like the Yin and Yang of shaving! I really have to use a light touch with the G or E injectors but with the Krona (and I loaded this baby with a brand new Feather), I have to bear down on the sucker like I mean it. I used too light a touch yesterday and I was scratching my chin all day wondering if I should shave again- but got serious today- lathered up with Tabac, and went for it. Got a DFS- topped it off with Ogallala Double Strength, Special Reserve, Bay Rum Cologne and (oh yea) I am ready to clean the crap out of the gutters as per SWMBF agenda on this unseasonably warm Philly day.

Additional notes with apologies to experienced Krona users for, again, stating the obvious but perhaps informative to people like me who, until a couple months ago thought Schick only made injectors: This DE razor has a rough and ready feel to it, in terms of balance (nice long knobby black rubber handle), and while shaving it even sounds like a more aggressive razor. It sounds like an old injector or a Gillette RedTip, but unlike the injectors, where I have to pay close attention not to nick myself (and I learned to shave using a G over 40 years ago so I kinda know what I am doing), I would have to work hard to cut myself with a Krona. The one I used today was not a looker (Ebay for 99 cents) but cleaned up nice and is doing its job. After a few more shaves with it, I will try out my new-to-me G-3 (going to see if I can wait until the weekend!!! :001_unsur).

Ah, just got a call from LOTH out shopping. The gutters . . . how could I forget???

Sounds to me you need a more aggressive DE shaver than a Krona. The Krona is the mildest DE razor I have used.

I never could get the hang of injector razors, and particularly Schick injectors. I seemed to get both irritation and left over razor stubble when using them.

Sounds to me you need a more aggressive DE shaver than a Krona. The Krona is the mildest DE razor I have used.

I never could get the hang of injector razors, and particularly Schick injectors. I seemed to get both irritation and left over razor stubble when using them.

In general, I completely agree with your first point-- My Red Tip and my Fat Boy set on #7 (with any other blade except a Feather) are two of my favorite razors-- but my Es and Gs are right up there with those guys. On your second point- everyone's face is alittle different but as I said in an earlier post, I actually learned to shave using my father's G and that was shaving for me until I went DE many years ago. I saved that old razor and only brought it out last October, cleaned it up, and used it for the first time in decades- I really liked it- but not immediately- it took about six or seven shaves and my long overdue introduction to good lathering technique and great shaving soap like Tabac (thank you mftoms). I now find that these old Schick injectors give me the closest shaves ever (BBS as they say here)-- but I did sort of have to learn how to shave all over again. I remember cutting myself a lot when I first started shaving many years ago. I almost never (maybe once a year) draw blood now but I know why blood letting was more common in my younger days- these little injectors are ferocious---but once you get the knack, they are the best. I urge you to give 'em another try-- well worth it. I was ready to give up on Schicktober but curiousity about how many shaves I could get on one Chinese Schick blade spurred me on-- a very light touch is needed-- exactly the opposite of a Krona. Schave on! (And again, you are probably right about the Krona and my face- I do not anticipate using it as often as my other razors.):w00t:

Schick G Injector
Kent MWF
New Forest 2201 2 band Badger brush
Lilac Vegetal AS (Rock the Veg)

A bit rough shave this morning. I've seen a few others make negative comments about the 3rd shave, hopefully my blade will smooth out also. Actually the main thing I remembered was that I do better if I bowl lather with this soap instead of my normal face lathering.

My Red Tip and my Fat Boy set on #7 (with any other blade except a Feather) are two of my favorite razors-- but my Es and Gs are right up there with those guys.

I agree with this. The G is at least as aggressive as my Fat Boy, usually set on 5. Funny thing is that if I crank it up at all, I put it up to 6 for my neck. That is exactly where I'm having the most trouble getting a really close shave though. I'm going to try bowl lathering tomorrow. I'm sure it will give me a better result.

Schick type E/Schick blade from Fred Meyer.

Shave not as good as with my Gems, but maybe I need practice.

So, has anyone come up with the definitive way to differentiate between types E and G?

Mine has a handle with a slight seam, but has only one patent and has the little flaps on the side of the spring.

Joe in Ballard

Top Bottom