What's new

Schick Type D and O injectors for dummies.

These 2 are being consolidated in 1 thread since there was only one razor produced for each type and they also happen to be the first and very last Schick injectors made to date.

In 1934 the very first injector razor was introduced commonly referred to as a Type D. Prior to this the Schick razors used a blade magazine and repeater. This was the first injector to use an external injector key to load blades.

variant 1

style 1 - The distinguishing features of this razor is the handle style and the fact the handle opened like a scissor allowing for opening of the razor head for cleaning or hand loading blades besides using an injector key. This razor is also referred to as a Type D. Produced 1934 - 1935. It was superseded by the Type E in December of 1935 but was still being sold in 1936 even though production ceased.
TypeD.jpgTypeD_1.jpg

In 1998 the final of the injectors was introduced known as a Type O. This razor was only sold online in North America. The packaging was in plastic bag. This was also sold in a blister pack on the retail level in Japan. How it was sold elsewhere is unknown. The accepted date that production ceased on this razor is 2001 and since then there hasn't been any other Schick injectors produced by Pzifer or Edgewell which currently owns the Schick brand. Hopefully that changes sometime in the near future since injectors even the mediocre ones were some of the best safety razors ever made.

variant 1

style 1 - Key feature is the handle style as seen in the pictures below. This razor is also referred to as a Type O. Produced 1998 - 2001.
TypeO_1.jpgTypeO.jpg

Also of note is the fact that later on that this razor was reintroduced unbranded made by third parties. It was commonly known as an ebarbershop Type O clone. Though no longer produced it looks and performs identical to a Schick Type O except for one detail. The razor heads on the Type O say Schick while the Type O clones lack any mention of Schick stamped on the razor head as seen below.
oclone.jpg

Last edited:
These 2 are being consolidated in 1 thread since there was only one razor produced for each type and they also happen to be the first and very last Schick injectors made to date.

In 1934 the very first injector razor was introduced commonly referred to as a Type D. Prior to this the Schick razors used a blade magazine and repeater. This was the first injector to use an external injector key to load blades.

variant 1

style 1 - The distinguishing features of this razor is the handle style and the fact the handle opened like a scissor allowing for opening of the razor head for cleaning or hand loading blades besides using an injector key. This razor is also referred to as a Type D. Produced 1934 - 1935. It was superseded by the Type E in December of 1935 but was still being sold in 1936 even though production ceased.
View attachment 1064585View attachment 1064584

In 1998 the final of the injectors was introduced known as a Type O. This razor was only sold online in North America. The packaging was in plastic bag. This was also sold in a blister pack on the retail level in Japan. How it was sold elsewhere is unknown. The accepted date that production ceased on this razor is 2001 and since then there hasn't been any other Schick injectors produced by Pzifer or Edgewell which currently owns the Schick brand. Hopefully that changes sometime in the near future since injectors even the mediocre ones were some of the best safety razors ever made.

variant 1

style 1 - Key feature is the handle style as seen in the pictures below. This razor is also referred to as a Type O. Produced 1998 - 2001.
View attachment 1064582View attachment 1064583

Also of note is the fact that later on that this razor was reintroduced unbranded made by third parties. It was commonly known as an ebarbershop Type O clone. Though no longer produced it looks and performs identical to a Schick Type O except for one detail. The razor heads on the Type O say Schick while the Type O clones lack any mention of Schick stamped on the razor head as seen below.
View attachment 1064586

Interesting. I bought an O clone four or five years ago. As I recall, I bought it from eBarborshop, and it was certainly brand new. When did O clones disappear from the landscape?

I think 2018 is when they stopped producing the O clones. There is still a Schick injector clone on the market but it is based upon the Schick Japanese Type L1 injectors now.

I have question...forgive my unawareness. O clone will use only Schick twin SE blades or I can use also Schick SE blades (yellow box with written Schick Injector 7 blades)

Thank you,

I have question...forgive my unawareness. O clone will use only Schick twin SE blades or I can use also Schick SE blades (yellow box with written Schick Injector 7 blades)

Thank you,

Anything made are 71 for sure can use a Schick II Twin injector blade. That is about when the twin blades first came to market. The O clone came out well after 1971 so yes it will work with a Schick II twin blade.

I have a dilemma what to do ...
buy clone or buy Supply Provision Co. The Single Edge 2.0 Razor.
I have several packages of Schick injector single edge blades (the yellow package).
Does Ted Pella cartridges from Maggard will work with both razors?
I am just simply confused. What is your advice? I would like to experience single edge shaving. What you will do and why?
Still not sure what is the relatively cheap source of Schick twin blades injector ..

Ted Pella and Schick will work in both of those razors. I would get the Supply because it is adjustable with the plates. A vintage Schick would be my first choice.

I have a dilemma what to do ...
buy clone or buy Supply Provision Co. The Single Edge 2.0 Razor.
I have several packages of Schick injector single edge blades (the yellow package).
Does Ted Pella cartridges from Maggard will work with both razors?
I am just simply confused. What is your advice? I would like to experience single edge shaving. What you will do and why?
Still not sure what is the relatively cheap source of Schick twin blades injector ..

On modern injectors comes down to how much you want to spend. If $20 - $30 then a Type L clone or vintage. If $20 - $75 then vintage, if $75 or more the Supply V2.

I'd recommend the Supply V2 if you have to have new and not a vintage injector. You really don't have many options when it comes to new injectors. Besides those 2 Maggards still has the Monogoose Minigoose in stock but once it sells out that is it.

As far as injector keys goes single edge regardless of brand work in all injectors vintage and modern.

You have regardless of packaging the following types
Ones made by Personna
These usually come 20 to an injector key and sold as rebrands. Ted Pella for example is a rebrand of Personna injector blades.

Ones made by Supply
The new ones are supposed to be a custom grind and different from the Personna or Schick blades.

Ones made by Edgewell - Schick brand
Schick in the yellow packages sometimes called chicks since they are made in China
Schick in the bluish packages that are made in Japan, they also have Japanese writing on the package.
Schick Proline B-20, these you have to hand load into a razor.
Schick II twin blades.

You should only pay about $4 - $6 USD for a single key of the Chinese Schicks and $7 to $9 for Personna blades which come 20 to a key.
The Schicks are a sharper blade while the Personna blades are smoother but not as sharp.

Connaught shaving is good for the Personna blades and Proline B-20 blades. Amazon or ebay for the Schick blades unless you happen to have a local retailer that stocks them like a super market or drug store.

For the Schick II or Japanese Schicks you need to use Rakuten.

If you get lucky you'll find a vendor that offers small packets for shipping which will bring the price down quite a bit. Keep in mind the Schick II blades should last at twice as long as single edge so even if they cost more if you get enough shaves out them the price per shave per blade might wind up being the same.

I'd also add if you use Rakuten search for chic injector. You'll get a lot more results than using using schick for whatever reasons.

On modern injectors comes down to how much you want to spend. If $20 - $30 then a Type L clone or vintage. If $20 - $75 then vintage, if $75 or more the Supply V2.

I'd recommend the Supply V2 if you have to have new and not a vintage injector. You really don't have many options when it comes to new injectors. Besides those 2 Maggards still has the Monogoose Minigoose in stock but once it sells out that is it.

As far as injector keys goes single edge regardless of brand work in all injectors vintage and modern.

You have regardless of packaging the following types
Ones made by Personna
These usually come 20 to an injector key and sold as rebrands. Ted Pella for example is a rebrand of Personna injector blades.

Ones made by Supply
The new ones are supposed to be a custom grind and different from the Personna or Schick blades.

Ones made by Edgewell - Schick brand
Schick in the yellow packages sometimes called chicks since they are made in China
Schick in the bluish packages that are made in Japan, they also have Japanese writing on the package.
Schick Proline B-20, these you have to hand load into a razor.
Schick II twin blades.

You should only pay about $4 - $6 USD for a single key of the Chinese Schicks and $7 to $9 for Personna blades which come 20 to a key.
The Schicks are a sharper blade while the Personna blades are smoother but not as sharp.

Connaught shaving is good for the Personna blades and Proline B-20 blades. Amazon or ebay for the Schick blades unless you happen to have a local retailer that stocks them like a super market or drug store.

For the Schick II or Japanese Schicks you need to use Rakuten.

If you get lucky you'll find a vendor that offers small packets for shipping which will bring the price down quite a bit. Keep in mind the Schick II blades should last at twice as long as single edge so even if they cost more if you get enough shaves out them the price per shave per blade might wind up being the same.
So in Japan they make New New Stock Schick Twins? Not New Old Stock?

There are actually at least 2 variants of the Type O. One (which I believe is the older one) with a shiny/more mirror type finish (packaging code: 11-4023-0) and one with a satin finish (packaging code: 11-4035-1). I own both versions, so I know it is not a photographic artefact (or a matter of deterioration over time). I know there is at least one more packaging version (11-4035-0), but I don't know whether there are any differences in the actual product. I only know this version from photos.

There are actually at least 2 variants of the Type O. One (which I believe is the older one) with a shiny/more mirror type finish (packaging code: 11-4023-0) and one with a satin finish (packaging code: 11-4035-1). I own both versions, so I know it is not a photographic artefact (or a matter of deterioration over time). I know there is at least one more packaging version (11-4035-0), but I don't know whether there are any differences in the actual product. I only know this version from photos.
Pics would be wonderful!

Here they are:
IMG_7716 2.jpg
IMG_7717.jpg

The left one is the, what I think older version. Notice a few of the differences (2 blades included vs 5 in the right packaging). Same barcodes, but different code numbers. Also, the 'newer' one has the URL of Schick.

Top Bottom