What's new

Schick Injector will not cut

Picked up a TYPE I-1 in excellent condition. I've used Injectors for many years, and have vintage models. All work well. However, this latest one WILL NOT CUT HAIR!

I have tried 2 new blades from two separate injector cartridges with the same result. Can anyone spot a flaw in this razor head?
IMG_0726.jpeg
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0722.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

How secure is that blade? It may just be shadows on the photos (excellent pictures by the way), but it looks to me like you're not getting good tension to hold the blade edge at the proper angle. I would try carefully shifting the blade with a toothpick or somesuch WITHOUT a key inserted to see if there is any give. If there is you likely have a spring issue.

How secure is that blade? It may just be shadows on the photos (excellent pictures by the way), but it looks to me like you're not getting good tension to hold the blade edge at the proper angle. I would try carefully shifting the blade with a toothpick or somesuch WITHOUT a key inserted to see if there is any give. If there is you likely have a spring issue.
Since I have the same problem. Are you suggesting try to shift the blade with a toothpick forward or backward towards the handle/spine?

Since I have the same problem. Are you suggesting try to shift the blade with a toothpick forward or backward towards the handle/spine?

Actually just recommending to see if the blade moves at all when you carefully push/wiggle it. Sometimes the spring assembly that clamps the blade in place is a little worn, causing the blade not to be held in proper alignment. It's far less likely to be forward or backwards toward the spine, but up/down to the spine. Considering that differences in blade angles are measured with micrometers, a visually undetectable difference can really affect your user experience.

Depending on how worn out a spring assembly might be, a little jiggle could set the blade securely and you're good to go. If the spring is really worn or damaged the blade won't hold alignment, and you'll need to look at some sort of repair.

I can't see a anything obvious. Could the blade have been dragged across the stop while
I can't see a anything obvious. Could the blade have been dragged across the stop while loading?
I'm thinking the same thing. Otherwise, everything looks normal to me too! My I model has a similar head and it looks pretty much identical to the razor in question. Even with different blades, if they are damaged during the loading process, the performance will be degraded.

Top Bottom