What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried the two you mention, but I quite like the SSS Incense Pure - had a sample and just bought a bottle off of BST. Compared to CdG Avignon - which I also like - I find it to be richer and leaning towards an amber. The sillage and longevity are both very good. And I love the fact that SSS sells their scents in sizes that make more sense for 'enthusiasts' that own a lot of frags

What do you think of this one? Coincidently, I just happened to have spray some on my wrist last night and during the drydown I kept getting wiffs of Montana Black/Red. I thought it was quite nice, but I think I still prefer the dry smoky and leathery incense of L'Artisan Dzongkha if it only lasted longer.

proxy.php

Today was Caron Pour Un Homme. This scent is really growing on me. At first, I just didn't care for it, but the more I've come back to it, the more I'm liking it. The first impact of the sharp, almost bitter, blast of Lavender fading into the Vanilla background is getting more appreciation, and use these days.

Mazzolari Mazzolari

Although I have no reason to doubt the source of my decant, my experience with this today was nothing like the reviews, which call for a citrus and green opening and some vetiver and/or sandalwood drydown. There might be some sandalwood in this but the overall experience was one of peppery leather, a soft subtle patchouli maybe, that reminded me a lot of HOT Always by Bond no. 9 (but less "hot"). This fits the description of Mazzolari Lui much better yet there was no obvious patchouli dominant notes as is often mentioned about Lui. Strange. Today's Mazzolari whatever-it-is was rather linear, went on strong, projected moderately, and settled out slowly with fairly good longevity. There was something fairly animalic about it, too, that reminded me of Weil's Antilope but with stronger leather notes. I liked it quite a bit but I'd rather have either HOT Always or Antilope.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom