What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$st-clement-s.jpg

ST. CLEMENT'S

“Oranges and lemons say the bells of St. Clement’s”
A traditional Eau de Cologne translated into a chic, contemporary, fresh, English Eau de Parfum whose name is taken from the rhyme ‘Oranges and Lemons’ (circa 1740) that refers to church bells within or close to the City of London. Oranges, lemons, bergamot, and neroli combine with notes of Earl Grey tea and vetiver to create a new English classic.♂ Walking down the Strand, a man of Mayfair, St. James’s, Belgravia and Bow.
♀ Mirte Maas drinking ice lemon tea on the Italian Riviera.
Orange . Lemon . Bergamot . Mandarine
Neroli . Petitgrain . Earl Grey Tea
Ylang Ylang . Vetiver

Ambre Mirabilis
by Keiko Mecheri

This is another one from the Bespoke series and so far I gotta say I like the departure that Keiko is taking, many steps away from the more designer styled perfumes. Mirabilis is latin for "remarkable" and kinda sounds like "miracle" and "fabulous" combined. AM isn't all that but there's some very interesting things to note about this amber that sets it apart from any of the others I've tried. This opens kind of spicy but the amber note really peels through, but is quickly joined by what smells like myrrh, and so I had been thinking that Mirabilis is more of a play on words: myrrh'abulous! There is also a little funky note in there and while I was thinking this was a unique combination of amber, myrrh, and civet, in retrospect I think it was honey. AM is fairly sweet, which is perhaps it's only downfall in my opinion, but overall it's perhaps the most innovative amber I've smelled in a while. (FYI, there is a flower called Mirabilis jalapa, an flower that grows in Peru, "the marvel of Peru.")

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom