What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$atasteofheaven.jpg

Oud Caravan no. 1
by Profumo.it
La Via del Profumo

I've had samples of Oud Caravan nos. 1, 2, and 3 for a while now and I've been wanting to compare them side by side so this is the week I get that task done. It's funny how this seems to pale in comparison to the oud oils I wore last week. I remember liking this a lot the last time I wore it but this time around I'm left feeling that there's something obviously missing. I think if you wanted an oud-based perfume to wear - as opposed to an oil - ie, if you wanted something in a bottle that you could spray on yourself, but still wanted a real oud smell (as opposed to synthetic), this would be a great choice. And I suppose spraying under your shirt would help it last longer, too, but I've grown accustomed to the rich pungent smell of oud oils and I'm afraid that Oud Caravan no. 1 just does not satisfy my needs. I'm amazed at how rapidly my tastes have changed for this ingredient, actually, given the high praise I put on OC1 before. I can't pick out many notes but I do pick up oud, as well as that ubiquitous Profumo.it incense note, perhaps ginger, and at first there seemed to be some floral notes, but beyond that there's not much I can detect.

proxy.php

Imaginary Authors Philip Sava

Notes: Vanilla from Madagascar, Somalian Myrrh, Bergamot, Benzoin Resin, Ambrette Seeds & White Oak​

Strong vanilla and oak notes remind me of a fine cognac, as it dries down the resin and myrrh become more prominent. I feel like it's missing something, but I can't place my finger on it. In any case, it's a very fine scent

proxy.php

proxy.php

Main Accords: Citrus, Green, Woody, Floral, Vanilla, Musky

Top: Moroccan Neroli, Lemon, Bergamot, Petitgrain
Midle: Galbanum, Moss, Birch leaves
Base: Clean Musk, White Amber, Vanilla

Too much feminine perfumery going on with Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli and after 4 hours it is a powdery nightmare. I can see this fragrance being worn by a woman in a bright orange fancy lace dress on a warm summer day and eating crumpets and tea. This is nothing at all like the wonderfully soapy and spirited Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.

Orange "Juice" Week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom