What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creed Sélection Verte

$41P1yaG5OIL.jpg

Vega
by Guerlain

aldehydes, bergamot, orange blossom; jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, fleur de cassie, carnation, rosewood, iris; sandalwood, amber, vanilla

A raunchy aldehydic floral with a vanillic woody-amber base, but let's stick with the raunchy aldehydic florals, because that's what this perfume is all about. Certain white florals can be very dirty smelling and sometimes that smells like stink and sometimes it smells like "stink." They can also smell very clean and flowery but I always enjoy them more when my florals show a naughty side. Vega features ylang-ylang, which I've noticed more and more in some perfumes that I like, and can often smell a lot like jasmine, another notoriously dirty white floral. Vega opens with a strong aldehydes and a bit of citrus but almost immediately starts rubbing its cat-like fur against you. The floral notes are dominated by ylang-ylang but obviously enhanced by jasmine but the spiciness of carnation, powder of iris, and sweetness of fleur de cassie are also obvious, but of course seamlessly blended.

proxy.php

Vega was created in 1936 and named after the brightest star in the Alpha Lyra constellation, but if Guerlain drew inspiration from intergalactic sources, the reissue of this fragrance in 2006 should have been renamed as Barbarella! Vega was obviously designed for the ladies but can be worn and enjoyed by men. Regardless I'll be giving this sample to my wife to see who purrs first.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Main Accords: Citrus, Rose, Mossy, Anilla, Earthy

Top: Mandarine, Lime
Middle: Oak Moss, Vanilla, Bulgarian Rose
Base: Absolute of Jasmine

For those who like rose, they should love Feuilles Vertes. Rose reminds me of funerals and therefore that is probably the only time I would wear something like this. The rose in Feuilles Vertes is crisp and light so this would be a nice frag to wear in warmer weather or if you are concerned about offending others. As opposed to something like the rose in Montale Black Aoud which is dark and heavy and better for wearing in cooler weather. I get a maximum of 6 hours with Feuilles Vertes and then it is totally gone from my skin. I imagine if you sprayed the frag on your clothing you could get additional life out of it.

Spring Creed Week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom