What's new

Safety Razor Of the Week, 2/1 – 2/7 The Stahly Live Blade

I have a couple of Stahly razors which no longer work. The last one I bought a few years ago when a member here advised me that the former owner of Stahly still had some razors for sale. I bought one. I've always liked the shaves produced by this razor and it is a mild shaving razor. with no irritation. There are instructions on repairing the wind-up mechanism on line, but I haven't had a chance to try that yet. Hopefully, I will get them working again some day.

I'm going to stick this here because I think this thread is the source of the misinformation about Stahly beginnings.

First P. Stahly was not the inventor of the razor , merely the licensee per multiple agreements with the inventor Harshberger. The two had a lot of legal squabbles pertaining to royalties and Stahly's efforts to deal with overproduction by Stahly's contractors by offloading distribution, lawsuits flying around particularly in the period 1948-50.

The razor was introduced at least as early as 1941, not 1946. Here are ads from 1941 and 1942.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Stahly patents and Harshberger lawsuit judgement here.

Stahly - Google Drive

proxy.php

Really interesting!! Thanks for the info on the lawsuits!! Great history! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom