What's new

Safety Razor Of the Week, 2/1 – 2/7 The Stahly Live Blade

This is a great article indeed and reminds I need to pull my Stahlys out from the closet and use one for tonight's shave! Thanks again for the post!

Note that the patent drawings are based first on a spring driven single edge razor. Then the second patent represents a double edge electric unit. Note the two pronged cord?

It is also interesting to note that the inventor listed on the second patent is a woman..."Ilse Hartmann née Böhm"

Also just noticed that the first drawing appears to be of an injector type model.

...all very interesting. Thanks again Guido.

Last edited:
Superb job on the presentation, Guido.

I'm sure it was a daunting task, as we here at B&B have come to expect only the best. Ray has consistently produced high-quality writing, insights and images in his SROTW installments, and you have done himself and everyone that enjoys them proud.

Bravo, sir.

Here are the instructions. I didn't take pics of the pages in the other book because they are very similar and say the same things as the other.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I forgot one page here that talks about the care of the razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great write up, now as usual I must resist the temptations of RAD..

If you come across one of these ... DO NOT resist. It is well worth the experience, and if it doesn't blow up your skirt just come to me and I'll trade you out of it with something that will.

:thumbup1:

Very well done! I look forward to having to opportunity to try one some day!

Will they take other heads?

If I find one with a damaged head, will another head work?

Last edited:
Very well done! I look forward to having to opportunity to try one some day!

Will they take other heads?

If I find one with a damaged head, will another head work?

I'm pretty sure the threading is standard, but it is the special spring mounted base plate design along with the vibration producing handle that creates the complete experience.

Here are the instructions. I didn't take pics of the pages in the other book because they are very similar and say the same things as the other.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I forgot one page here that talks about the care of the razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Scotty, are there any copyright dates on the instructions? I'm thinking these may have been from one of the later Stahly's which would explain the 6000 VPM, twice the 3000 VPM that they first advertised.

I don't see anything like that. The instructions w/ the brown case says South Bend, Indiana as it does on the inside lid of the case. This one had a 1 year warranty and no return address listed.

The bottom of my stand up plastic case says South Bend, Ind. And the instructions say Highland Park, Illinois. This one had a 5 year warranty on it. The address to send it for repair is 3p N. Union St., Elgin, Illinois 60121

I'm not sure if that helps any, but thats about all I got.

Thanks. It sounds like they may have made some improvements over time to increase the VPM's. It would be interesting to use one of the newer ones.

Top Bottom