What's new

Ruined Clothes

I don't ruin clothes, but if I wear them for too long, they wear out. I make it a habit to periodically rotate to new clothes, donating the still serviceable clothing to charity.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Hmmm, you retitle this thread "A Reason for Non-Waterproof Ink".

I have lost several shirts and pants over the years to pen leaks - all ballpoints, I might add. Fortunately, the fountain pens are batting a thousand.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
ruined clothes I could not save

It's the fountain pen owner's badge of honour.

1583115212997.png

Always carried a fountain pen in grade school & High School. Only leaks were from overfilling. Mom always wrote with a fountain pen & had an at-home formula for removing stains - I think it involved bleach plus something else, but it worked like a charm & never left that yellowed bleach stain.

Living where it is flat, I rarely have issues with leaking pens.
Of course when I do go anywhere with elevation, I’ve invariably managed to flip my pen upside down.

strop

Now half as wise
I didn't think 51's ever did that
Just thinking as I was throwing another shirt away..... How many ruined clothes I could not save, Overall the years at least 20 shirts,undershirts.....
I didn't think a 51 was supposed to do that!:lol::lol:

A few over the years. Usually fairly new ones at that! Usually it was from just dropping them into my pocket but forgetting to cap it. Amazing how much ink can come out in just a couple of seconds!

Top Bottom