What's new

Rounding Out A Mont Blanc Set

Around 16 or so years ago I was gifted a Meisterstuck Roller Ball and Ball Point pen. I am very seriously thinking about rounding out the set with a fountain pen. I have started a little research and have stumbled across some videos regarding Mont Blanc fakes.

How prevalent are these fakes?

Do you gents recommend that one NOT purchase one on E-Bay? Should I automatically stay away from MBs that show ink cartridges? One video pretty much stated that MBs, with the exception of the Traveller" were pretty much piston charged.

Anyway, guidance on how to set about obtaining a used MB would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MontBlancs are probably the most knocked off brand of pen around, amd ebay is probably the biggest seller of them as well. If you looking there I would seriously look into the seller and see of you can gain any clues, some legitimate dealers are there anf may have a real site they sell pens from, the comments may be a clue from past sales, and they may be people from forums like us whose reputations are searchable, but if you cant be certain you will always run the risk of a fake, not sure how paypal or ebay handles those claims but I wouldn't count on them to make ot right in a timely manner and without tout having to pay to send it back

I would start by trying to search the people you are trying to buy from and get a sense of who they are, even if they have great feedback, if they are not pen people they may unknowingly sell you a fake

Hey eezee, I have 3 MBs and none are piston filled. They're also not fake. But you're smart to have concerns about shopping on E-bay. SYN said something about checking them out. I think there should some way of checking a sellers reputation. And always keep in mind, the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true" it might also be a good idea to contact E-bay and ask them what things you can do to help ensure that you don't get ripped off when buying a pen.

Well, I took the plunge. Found a MB 146 that I just won at auction. It is a piston filled pen and the seller has a 100% positive rating. He also advertised that he would take returns so I feel pretty good about the transaction.

Pictures will be forthcoming when it arrives.

Thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom