What's new

Rough Neck

I've been using an SR for a little while now and can do a DFS or bettter most of the time but have trouble with my neck. It takes at least four passes to get a real close shave and usually feels a little raw when I'm done. I do one WTG then one mix of WTH and XTG pass followed by two passes that are a mix of ATG and XTG altenating directions on the XTG. This is the only way that I have found so far to get a real smooth finish. Any advise would be most appreciated.

I have trouble with the neck as well. I found a really light touch along with good stretching and not worrying too much about whether your pass is exactly with or across the grain has helped. Try not to just stretch the skin but pull it to an area where the underlying "topography" makes it easier to shave.

If you just moved from a DE to a straight; I think you might find it takes a while to get the same BBS shave with a straight in those hard to get places that you mastered with the DE.

When you do get it though... Like the others stated, stretch and try using some "unorthodox" angles and or motions. Also don't forget to map your face. It'll pay. That's what did it for me. I can almost get those area's I have problems with on my "second run" now.

Doing much better now, thanks guys. Had razor touched up, that helped a bunch, I guess it was getting kinda dull. Figured out the trick with streching to pull a section of skin to an area thats easier to shave. Getting a DFS on my neck now every time! Next to be mastered is my chin!

Doing much better now, thanks guys. Had razor touched up, that helped a bunch, I guess it was getting kinda dull. Figured out the trick with streching to pull a section of skin to an area thats easier to shave. Getting a DFS on my neck now every time! Next to be mastered is my chin![/QUOTE]

Lol! The chin was a hard one for me untill it wasn't, then i couldn't understand how it ever was lol! Good luck!

Top Bottom