What's new

ROCNEL ELITE BRASS

Postman today...my Elite Brass arrived šŸ„³

photo_2024-02-27_15-28-17.jpg
photo_2024-02-27_15-28-12.jpg
Ā 
Has anyone had issues with blade compatibility? I've tried many sets of blades and they all come out too tight. Of course you can force loaded the blades, but that leaves scratches on the post and is very difficult to remove.
Currently, only Bolzano blades can be installed perfectly.
20240302_203816.jpg

20240302_204026.jpg
20240302_204142.jpg
20240302_204209.jpg
Ā 
I've noticed sometimes the blade was hard to remove. Just pulling up on both ends always got it to release. It didn't seem hard to load and I didn't notice any scratching. A tiny crunch sound maybe tightening it up but nothing like tightening up a superslant. Mine didn't seem like an issue to me.
Ā 
So @Mr Konrad Dundee how did you like the brass Elite if you don't mind my asking? I was glad you finally got it but have been curious what you thought of it. Thanks!
Yes of course, at the moment I have done some shaving "I don't shave daily" so I have to try it better... but the first impressions are excellent, little sensation of the blade "for me zero" but effective in 3 passes with a guaranteed result "it emits a nice sound the razor" I like it
I'll update you shortly ;)
Ā 
I've had issues removing the head from the baseplate, it's hella tight..It's very hard to remove the cap from baseplate when the razor is wet..It's a very minor inconvience, considering the price..I'm having no probLems removing blades from my brass elite. Most of the time I use a timeless crown handle ..This makes the razor way more agile and maneravable..I do like the regular brass handle..However, it's extremely heavy ..One thing to note is that you need to use a spacer with the crown handle and many other handles or there's lots of free play between the cap and baseplate. All in all I'm enjoying the shave I get with the brass Rocnel elite.
Ā 

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've noticed sometimes the blade was hard to remove. Just pulling up on both ends always got it to release. It didn't seem hard to load and I didn't notice any scratching. A tiny crunch sound maybe tightening it up but nothing like tightening up a superslant. Mine didn't seem like an issue to me.

Me, too.

I've had issues removing the head from the baseplate, it's hella tight..It's very hard to remove the cap from baseplate when the razor is wet..It's a very minor inconvenience, considering the price..I'm having no probLems removing blades from my brass elite.

Me, too, although I'm not sure it's an issue for me. I think it means the tolerance are super tight.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Ā 
IMG_4427.jpeg
Thank you @Mr Konrad Dundee for blade recommendation. I chose Nacet blade based on your suggestion. I had an exquisite 3 pass dolphin smooth BBS. Such a great razor, Iā€™m kind of blown away, wow. For such mildness, this efficiency shouldnā€™t exist but it does. Shaves as good or maybe even better than my $300+ razors. Whatā€™s truly remarkable is the way it sings, it must have the best sounding acoustics. I had the Rocnel Elite in Stainless before, the Aggressive version that said ā€œFor Professional Use Onlyā€ on the baseplate. I didnā€™t considered that razor ā€œEliteā€ and sold it, as it was rough especially ATG. The brass ā€œEliteā€ is truly Elite and itā€™s up there with the best razors on the market. Iā€™m glad I gave the Rocnel Elite another chance. The head geometry is basically given and the handle has ā€œgecko feetā€, no way this baby is leaving your hands even with the slickest soap on the market.
Ā 

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
First use with one of mine today (I was a chump and ordered both the smooth and the aforementioned "gecko feet" versions). As mentioned, smooth, quite the little singer, a lot of acoustic feedback, no irritation on the neck AGT, smooth.
Arko
RazoRock Keyhole
Personna Chrome Platinum
Rocnel Elite Brass

View attachment 1814098

Do you like both handles? How do they compare in use?

Mine is the "gecko feet" handle. I think both look great.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Ā 
Top Bottom