What's new

Rocket HD disassembly

Can anyone provide some instructions on how to remove the head from a Rocket HD? The head appears to have come off the main shaft at some time and has been reattached crooked. I can see the thread from where the head attaches to the body and I am just wondering if it needs a bit of brut force?

Could be wrong but I dont recall seeing any thread where anybody had dismantled any Rocket or Brit Aristocrat (#58, #66) unless it was actually broken. Have some idea that they are press fitted together or something which means it's never meant to be dismantled

If you look down at the head from the top with the doors open, there is a collar from the body, protruding up through the bottom plate of the head, and it is bent over the bottom plate to fix the two together. There are also 6 notches that keep it from twisting. You can brute force the head off by twisting it counter-clockwise. I don't know if you can make that collar more malleable by heating it... You can probably get it to fit back together, but I guess that depends on how much damage you do getting it off. If I ever find my camera, I can post some pics.

Interesting.

On the razor I have threads can clearly be seen on the head which screw into the body. Maybe I will try putting it in a vice and trying to unscrew it? Just wanted to know if anyone had disassembled one before (or show me how it goes together).

If you look down at the head from the top with the doors open, there is a collar from the body, protruding up through the bottom plate of the head, and it is bent over the bottom plate to fix the two together. There are also 6 notches that keep it from twisting. You can brute force the head off by twisting it counter-clockwise. I don't know if you can make that collar more malleable by heating it... You can probably get it to fit back together, but I guess that depends on how much damage you do getting it off. If I ever find my camera, I can post some pics.

If you can post some pics that would be much appreciated. I cant seem to see any online.

I guess they could be made differently, or we're mis-communicating. On my razor, there are 3 threaded components. The shaft that travels up and down, thus opening the doors - that is threaded and screws into the bottom knob. The bottom knob, is of course threaded on the inside to accept the shaft, and on the outside to connect with/travel up and down the body. Then the body of course is threaded on the inside.

Here is a pic of the rocket in question:
proxy.php

You can see the threads that look like they are coming from the head (hence I assumed that they were screwed into the shaft?!

what does it look like from the top down? I don't think that any other TTO gillette has an easy to disassemble head that can just be unscrewed.

Top Bottom