What's new

Rinse Test - Thanks for the tip!

What? Did I miss something?

I was under the impression always wipe lather, never rinse lather from a straight.
My lather (MWF with room temp distilled water) wipes away clean and retains moisture for a good while.
The one time I did rinse and then dried, I got some minor rust spots within a few hours. Since then I rinse the razor with alcohol at the end of my shave.
No more rust spots, and no real issues other than initially cutting my shave "towels".

I lather on the soap cake and it's tricky to add water to existing lather without making more lather.

Happy Shaving
William

Do you rinse and get water everywhere like I used to, or something? You should only use a light enough stream to wash away the lather. After you're done, wipe dry and give your blade a bit of stropping and you're done.

I'm glad I noticed this post, my lather may be the reason for my disappointing shaves with the Rolls, the blade may not be the culprit!

Amen. It took me about a year to figure out that my later was just too damn dry. Water is your best friend, don't be afraid to add some H2O

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Interesting, now that I think about it, yes, my shaves are better when the lather is cleaned off the blade...

Good tip!

Great tip. I was wondering why sometimes my lather wasn't rinsing off of the blade, looks like I have the answer!!

Looks like I have a new test to try. This is weird, because I have found using nancy boy and me DE, I get better shaves with lather that sticks to the razor when I rinse it.

Great tip! Last time I shaved my lather was a bit dry and I thought nothing of it....happens occassionally with my DEs but doesn't affect the shave.

Now I know another thing to watch for.

Top Bottom