What's new

Rex Envoy? What does it compare to?

For a DE razor, I generally get along well with the Edwin Jagger 3one6 and Muhle Rocca razors. How does the Rex Envoy compare to those or something like the Muhle R89 or EJ89 series?

Any comments on its Rhodium version specifically? At an advertised price of $250, I am trying to figure out if it is a reasonable option for a Rhodium razor for myself.

TIA,
Sid

Secret is if you can live with a BLEM, from to time Razor Emporium has blems at hugh discounts.

Saw a Blem Ambassador, lady had to point out to notice.

Price was big discount.

For a DE razor, I generally get along well with the Edwin Jagger 3one6 and Muhle Rocca razors. How does the Rex Envoy compare to those or something like the Muhle R89 or EJ89 series?

Any comments on its Rhodium version specifically? At an advertised price of $250, I am trying to figure out if it is a reasonable option for a Rhodium razor for myself.

TIA,
Sid
Hey Sid! Fancy seeing you here.

I have had the Envoy and while I can’t compare it to the other razors you mentioned I can tell you it has a lot of bite and blade feel. Not the smoothest razor i’ve used - probably the least smooth if i’m being honest.

I won’t say it’s a bad razor because it is certainly efficient and some people like that scrapey feel but I didn’t like it.

If you are going to get it I’d skip the rhodium. it will look nice but doesn’t offer much other benefit when covering SS.

For the same money i think a wolfman guerilla is a no brainer. smoother shave, better finish, and you get to choose the level of aggression.

Hey Sid! Fancy seeing you here.

If you are going to get it I’d skip the rhodium. it will look nice but doesn’t offer much other benefit when covering SS.

For the same money i think a wolfman guerilla is a no brainer. smoother shave, better finish, and you get to choose the level of aggression.

Nice seeing you here too!

I'm looking for some "bathroom jewelry bling" in a standard DE 3-piece razor. I was wondering about this one versus getting something in brass plated in bright nickel.

Aftermarket plating stainless steel isn't an option today. ☹️ I have an all-stainless Rocca and 3one6 I could plate but, no one to do it. Neither are available in brass.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Stainless Envoy and the Rocca v4.

In my opinion, the Stainless Envoy is an excellent value. The Envoy currently resides in my Top 10 DE razors, price notwithstanding. I do not consider it to be aggressive in any way. It can absolutely be a Daily Driver.

The Rocca v4 is an excellent razor, just not quite as good as the Envoy.

Just my opinion.

The Rex Envoy is my go to razor for nearly every shave. I do not consider it aggressive, but do consider it efficient. It's quality built throughout, with perfect blade alignment, and the grippiest handle around.
I purchased it on Amazon for somewhere under $150.

Nice seeing you here too!

I'm looking for some "bathroom jewelry bling" in a standard DE 3-piece razor. I was wondering about this one versus getting something in brass plated in bright nickel.

Aftermarket plating stainless steel isn't an option today. ☹️ I have an all-stainless Rocca and 3one6 I could plate but, no one to do it. Neither are available in brass.
Hate to sound like a wolfman shill but I think that would still fit better than the Rex Envoy in terms of bling and shave quality. Why brass plated when you can get solid brass? :)

If you haven't tried Karve I think they are also beautiful pieces and come in many different metal types.

Oh just remembered, they just came out with the Rex Sentry which is a 3-piece slant that's smoother and has less blade feel than the Envoy. Worth looking into!

Hate to sound like a wolfman shill but I think that would still fit better than the Rex Envoy in terms of bling and shave quality. Why brass plated when you can get solid brass? :)

Brass is a whole lot easier to get plated with bright shiny Nickel.

Perhaps I just need to look for a Fatip from Italy with a different handle for some shave den jewelry.

Top Bottom