What's new

Review: Yaqi Razors, multi-colour handles & razor stands...

Just a quick review of some razors, handles and stands I got in my last order from Yaqi.

For a detailed review of the various razors heads Yaqi offers, please check out my last review:

Reviewing the new line of Yaqi razors (and stands) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/reviewing-the-new-line-of-yaqi-razors-and-stands.575623/

Let’s begin with the razor handles:

These come in multiple colours and are excellent quality! I had a few razor heads laying around so thought why not get all the colours to pair with the razor heads and get a quantity discount on my order.

The pistachio colour is by far my favourite! These seem very durable but I did find with a couple of them, I needed to add a drop of silicone oil as screwing the head in was very tight and I was worried it may damage the threads. After the drop of silicone oil, screwing the head into the handle is super smooth.

What I really like about Yaqi handles is that they are chromed brass, as opposed to the much lower quality chromed zinc. I feel these will last my lifetime and beyond!

Razor stands:

The black and silver razor stands are a very clever design because you can stand the razor vertically or place it horizontally, in the groove. I just love this design and look at the quality finish on these!

Surprisingly, they are a bargain price! Much cheaper than what most companies are selling stands for and that too, without the ability to place the razor horizontally.

I really like that Yaqi decided to put their logo on the bottom as it really shows an attention to detail. Again, the finishing is flawless!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

“Antique Brass” Travel Razor:

This razor is just gorgeous! It does indeed look like an antique brass piece! I’m tempted to not use this in a regular rotation and instead keep it for display purposes!

The pouch is genuine leather from what I can tell. It’s thick and sturdy and will surely protect the razor in travels.

The handle is brilliant! It comes apart in the middle for storage in the travel pouch. It looks great and has grippy knurling. The handle is made of brass whereas the head is zinc alloy.

One thing I would have preferred with the razor would be the scalloped head as that is my favourite razor head from Yaqi. The DOC sometimes gets a bit mild for me but the scalloped head is a comfortable yet efficient razor for me. If they offer it in future, I’ll try to purchase just the head to pair with the handle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nickel colour razor with “flip side” head:

So this razor seems to be a homage to a vintage razor from Germany I believe. The handle design looks the same but it may be a coincidence.

The design on the handle is gorgeous. The grip is good however, the engraving is a bit sharp. Nothing extreme but I can feel the slight sharpness on my fingertips.

The flip side is basically a dual comb head where one side is open comb and the other is safety bar.

The safety bar side is basically the scalloped head, which is my preferred head from Yaqi. The open comb side is very mild! It’s comfortable but a bit too mild for my beard.

I have put one of my scalloped heads on this razor as it suits my requirements better.

Overall, it’s a really classy looking razor and the dual side head is sure to suit most people, especially those that like to use an open comb on the first pass. But I should mention again that the open comb side is quite mild. I found it milder than the DOC head.

proxy.php

proxy.php

@nav, I always enjoy your reviews. They are well written & thorough. I appreciate the time you take trying the various gear, & then the time it takes to write an objective review. Thank you sir.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@nav, I always enjoy your reviews. They are well written & thorough. I appreciate the time you take trying the various gear, & then the time it takes to write an objective review. Thank you sir.
Well said! He does a great service.

Thanks for the review, @nav. As usual, very informative!

Thank you!

Those handles look nice. Wish I had known about them during that sale they apparently had lol

I got a quantity discount when I purchased all the handles but yes, the 11.11 sale was also pretty good. I think the handles were about $12 each!

Very nice.
It has got me thinking.
But Black Friday has put me into the red. lol

Hehe
There's always next time!

Well said! He does a great service.

Thank you very much gents, I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom