What's new

Reuzel Grease Medium Hold pomade, Green review

green.jpg

Today I'm reviewing Reuzel Grease Medium Hold pomade, Green. This is a very nice medium based petroleum-wax pomade created originally out of Holland. The pomade is now produced and solid in the U.S at VERY affordable prices. I purchased my 4oz tin of Reuzel Grease Medium Hold pomade, Green for $8.49 for a 4oz tin on Amazon. What a price! Reuzel Green also has a 12oz tin that goes around $20. This stuff is so affordable!

On my movie star scale, I give myself a 10 today, thanks to Reuzel Green pomade. Reuzel Grease Medium hold pomade does a great job of holding my hair. I've had the pomade in my hair since morning, and I haven't had to restyle my hair once. My hair is not moving. It's staying in the same position it was in when I first applied it this morning.

Like most wax pomades, I would recommend applying it to dry hair for the best results. It really helps with adding volume when one's hair is dry.

Reuzel Green pomade reminds me of a medium base version of Lockhart's Goon Grease pomade, but without the terrible scent, artificial coloring and high price of that product. Goon Grease sells for $13.90 for a 4oz tin. Reuzel Green is the much better deal at $8.49. I like the look Reuzel Green gives my blond hair. I honestly look like an undiscovered Hollywood movie star with this pomade in my hair. This is the best my hair has looked in 2017, and I've used a lot of different products. My looks beautiful today. I'm having a great day today.

I added 2 scoops of Reuzel Green pomade to my dry hair this morning before work. Scooping out the Reuzel Green from the tin was super easy. I was like scooping out butter. It wasn't hard to get out of the tin at all. The pomade broke down in my hands easily. I didn't have to work hard to get it ready to apply like I would if I were using Lockhart's Heavy Hold pomade or Murray's Xtra Heavy. Those are great pomades by the way.

I wowed by the nice shine Reuzel Green has nice sheen to it. Yesterday I used Lucky Tiger Cru-Butch Wax. The shine of that product is nowhere close to the shine I'm getting from Reuzel Green pomade. The shine of the product has increased since I first applied it in the morning. It's now evening and my hair looks like I've got Royal Crown pomade in it. On a negative note, the oil from the Reuzel Green pomade is dripping into my forehead. The oil from the wax finds it's way to my forehead for some reason. It's no big deal, but I have to deal with this each time I use this product. They add a lot of mineral oil for shine to the pomade.

The producers of Reuzel products doing a great job of undercutting a lot of the home-brew pomade producers, who sell their products for almost double the price.

I could see myself using Reuzel Green pomade everyday if I were content to use just 1 pomade. This is just really stuff, and it does a great job of holding my blond hair.

Hold: Medium

Shine: It's a very shiny medium shine

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Silica, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Emu Oil, Fragrance, Limonene d, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional (Lilal), Linalool, BHT, CI 47000 Yellow 11.

Washibility: It takes a couple of shampoos to remove all of the Reuzel Green pomade from my hair

Scent: A nice apple scent. It stays all day and night.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nice and very timely, as a little bird told me that Santa SWMBO has ensured I have a small tin of Blue and Green that I need to wrap for myself for Christmas. Any chance of you posting something on the Blue (and potentially Suavecito firm), even though I think I remember you saying you're not a fan of water-based

Hey Rockviper, I can review them. I have all 3, Blue, Red and Suavacito Firme. All 3 of them are really bad in terms of drying out one's hair and scalp. They're all VERY, VERY gel-like as well. I use them from time to time to degrease. They're very good at removing pomade, but other than that, they're so awful. The Reuzel Green is good stuff if you can handle the scent. That's a big if though. The scent is extremely powerful.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Appreciate it, @David157 . My hair has now grown out to about 1.5" and I generally don't use very much product as all; just enough to stop from being a *poof* head with pieces stuck up all over the place and cowlicks.

The shop I picked up the Reuzels from has open cans of most of their stuff, so I did get to smell the Red and Green (not the Blue) as well as the Suavecito before we made the Christmas purchase. I like the Veg aftershave as well as Tabac and Arko, so strong or polarizing scents are not much of an issue with me.

It Reuzel Green smells great in the tin, but when it's in your hair, the scent is overpowering at times. That's the only negative I have about this pomade. It's great stuff. If they could just tone down the scent a little, it would be the perfect wax/petro pomade.

Top Bottom