What's new

Repurposing razor blades?

Even after shaving, the blades are still quite sharp - almost as sharp as a utility blade.

Is there any way to repurpose these blades?

I'm thinking it's not worth the risk dealing with these blades any more than you already have to. But who knows... maybe there is some ingenious repurpose I've been missing.

I used a used one as a utility blade a while back when I was putting up window insulating film.. Used it to trim the excess. It worked well except the blades are so thin and flexible that they're hard to grip/control

If you really wanted I bet you could get a cheap shavette and use them as utility knives.. Would certainly be a conversation starter if you used it in front of anybody!

You could get yourself one of these:

$image.jpg

I think DE blade are too thin and without the hard edge like an SE blade just too dangerous to do anything useful with. Just use a utility blade and send the used DE blades off to razor blade heaven.

I read where in American Federal Prisons inmate surgeons remove cart blades and use them as scalpels when performing surgery on inmates, imagine if they had DE blades what they could do with them.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a "handle" by taping one of the edges up with duct tape?

I do this with masking tape. Great for scraping off old decals or paint drops on glass, and dozens of other little jobs. Heck I just used one the other day while changing the bathroom faucet. I used it to scrape off the old silicone from the countertop.

Glue about ten thousand of them onto a sheet of plywood for a large solar reflecter. I am pretty sure the squirrels will stay off of it after a while.

Once in a while I see paint scrapers on ebay that use DE blades but it has been a while since I saw one and I curse my self for not buying it.

Top Bottom