What's new

Replaced Hot Water with lukewarm water... amazing results!

Cold water. No, not on your life. But you are correct in needing hot but not too hot. My wife complained that we did not have enough hot water recently. I checked the hot water heater and found that we set it a few clicks too low so I turned it up. The next day the water was extremely hot, almost too hot. I noticed that my later was not as good so I began to tone it down a tad just to the point of where it was prior to me turning up the setting on the hot water tank. The moral - hot is good, hotter isn't always better but cold is always bad.

Thanks for all the responses Gents! I've got two day stubble on now as I did not managed to shave last night so today it's going to be a treat!

I am considering a cold water shave, but the idea, though something, I want to try is not really very tempting. Something about putting iced water on my face just doesn't appeal to be one bit! But I guess I'll have to try it! Maybe not tonight, cuz my stubble is in need of a proper shave but sometime next week when I've managed to wrangle enough nerves.

I really should take a thermometer to properly gauge the temperature. But off the cuff I seem to get the best results from tepid lukewarm just north of room temperature. 120 (like one of you subscribes to) to about 110 sounds about right to me.

And yeah too much prep just doesn't work for me. There was once I went crazy and did the following:

1. Shower in very warm/hot water
2. Massage hair conditioner liberally on my beard then wash it off
3. Apply shaving soap lather, massaging it slowly in circles for a good 2-3 minutes
4. Apply steaming hot towel for 1 minute then resoaking with said hot water for another 2 minutes
5. Wipe off and wash of remaining lather with hot water
6. Shave, washing with hot water between passes

I had to do like 5-6 passes over one day stubble just to get it down and it was still far from BBS or DFS.

I reckon it also has something to do with the razor no? Guys who have aggressive razor can 'get away with' (the irony) too much prep while someone with a mild razor probably needs less prep.

Not too sure but maybe you guys can chime in on this.

Top Bottom