What's new

Recommend Shoe Cream for A&E Walnut Color

Hello Shoe Experts,

I recently purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes in Walnut. All my other shoes are black, so I have very little experience polishing brown shoes and matching colors.

Would you please recommend a brand and color of shoe cream? I was considering Fiebing's Boot Cream polish in neutral, but I'd like to hear your ideas.

Thanks in advance.

The color looks like this (these are not my shoes):
$mcallister3.jpg

Last edited:
One caveat, my shoes are not uniformly Walnut Calf...they have some gradation of color, which I like. Therefore, I'm thinking a neutral cream might be better so the shoe color doesn't change.

Thoughts on that?

Here in the UK I use Loake coloured creams, which I rate very highly, and I'd use their tan on those shoes - but Saphir is very well respected and I wouldn't hesitate to use that. But I'd generally use a neutral cream and only occasionally use a colored one if there are scuffs that need it.

Anyway, that pair of shoes is a "wow" for me - it's rare to see such fine double-row stitching these days.

As my Irish grandmother used to say, "May the Good Lord give you health to wear them" :thumbup1:

Thanks for the replies. I've ordered some Saphir Light Brown, and some Fiebings Neutral.

Top Bottom