What's new

Received my first Gillette Fatboy :)

I'm super happy to have received my very first Gillette Fatboy this week :biggrin1:. I patiently waited many months to acquire one in good condition (and at a reasonable price) with its accompanying case & blade tin. It is a 1961 G1 1st quarter, with original blades in the tin.

I have had two shaves with it and it is superb! Tbh I had low expectations but it blew me away, it's the smoothest most comfortable shave I've ever had. The first shave was with a Gillette Nacet 3rd use & the second shave was with a Gillette Rubie 3rd use. Both performed excellently, but my slight preference is the Nacet. I had low expectations only due to my bad experience with my Rex Ambassador. I know it's an entirely different razor but it was the only other adjustable I've used.

All in all I love my Fatboy, the shave is so smooth and silky. I am extremely happy with the shaves it gives me and I look forward to many more happy shaves with it :thumbup1:.

tempImageXF1Elm.jpg
tempImagea3qkM4.jpg
tempImagePPIcOp.jpg
tempImageGZtnyR.jpg
tempImagezdEl1k.jpg

I'm super happy to have received my very first Gillette Fatboy this week :biggrin1:. I patiently waited many months to acquire one in good condition (and at a reasonable price) with its accompanying case & blade tin. It is a 1961 G1 1st quarter, with original blades in the tin.

I have had two shaves with it and it is superb! Tbh I had low expectations but it blew me away, it's the smoothest most comfortable shave I've ever had. The first shave was with a Gillette Nacet 3rd use & the second shave was with a Gillette Rubie 3rd use. Both performed excellently, but my slight preference is the Nacet. I had low expectations only due to my bad experience with my Rex Ambassador. I know it's an entirely different razor but it was the only other adjustable I've used.

All in all I love my Fatboy, the shave is so smooth and silky. I am extremely happy with the shaves it gives me and I look forward to many more happy shaves with it :thumbup1:.

View attachment 1355295View attachment 1355296View attachment 1355297View attachment 1355298View attachment 1355299
That looks lovely. You must be so pleased it was as good as it is.

View attachment 1355341Absolut stunner!
Mine doesn’t look as nice nor is it boxed but I got it basically for free.
I will dig it out for some shaves in November after I had my run with the Progress.
Thank you so much! Yours looks pretty darn good too though! That Schick? Looks interesting, never seen that before. That's cool you got it almost for free! I got mine at a good price, I wasn't going to pay hundreds like a lot of them cost, so I was lucky to come across mine. Is that a Schick razor?

That looks lovely. You must be so pleased it was as good as it is.
I'm extremely happy :). I don't have a huge razor collection, but what I do have I'm very pleased with. It was a great find, I'm very lucky that the case is in such good condition too. I saw a lot of cases have cracks or corners missing. I am waiting to receive a re-plated Gillette Slim in Rhodium too. I wanted a Fatboy to keep as an original piece, the only thing I would have liked it the shave instruction leaflet. Do you have any vintage razors?

Beautiful razor looks mint.I've got an E2 and absolutely love it superb razors.Enjoy.
Thank you, yes pretty much mint :). We are all in the Fatboy club then haha. Do you have a favourite blade combo? I was surprised to feel how gentle the Fatboy feels on the skin. Compared to my Rex Ambassador which feels a bit too aggressive for my liking.

Thank you, yes pretty much mint :). We are all in the Fatboy club then haha. Do you have a favourite blade combo? I was surprised to feel how gentle the Fatboy feels on the skin. Compared to my Rex Ambassador which feels a bit too aggressive for my liking.
I like the Astra SP's in it super smooth for me.Enjoy your shaves my friend and welcome to the club.:pipe:

I'm extremely happy :). I don't have a huge razor collection, but what I do have I'm very pleased with. It was a great find, I'm very lucky that the case is in such good condition too. I saw a lot of cases have cracks or corners missing. I am waiting to receive a re-plated Gillette Slim in Rhodium too. I wanted a Fatboy to keep as an original piece, the only thing I would have liked it the shave instruction leaflet. Do you have any vintage razors?
Only 1 a 1960 (f 4) ball end tech . Once I got used to keeping a good angle I get nice shaves from it with sharper end blades. .unfortunately has no case with it but I only got it out of curiosity as I've only been de shaving for about 3 years now and recently got the straight razor bug.

Top Bottom