Loi Titanium (7)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: face wash with shave binky and a few minutes of waterboarding
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

The Cella in the green tub smells like a citrusy cologne, so I used it. The Super Slant used steep felt comfortable with good blade feel, but took longer than expected. Closer than the Overlander the night before, but a full-blown shower would’ve helped. Will test that assumption next time.

Hello!
Can you tell me which RazoRock Superslant head (plate) is most similar in aggressiveness and performance to the Muhle Rocca?

Anyone have a superslant and a lambda athena? The superslant is the best razor I've ever used. The l1 plate gives me better shaves than the blutt, overlander, or drakkant did. Basically better than all of those newer "clamped to perfection" straight bar des. I doubt I'll ever find a straight bar that works as well, but the lambda athena certainly looks the best clamped of any non slant razor I've seen.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Anyone have a superslant and a lambda athena? The superslant is the best razor I've ever used. The l1 plate gives me better shaves than the blutt, overlander, or drakkant did. Basically better than all of those newer "clamped to perfection" straight bar des. I doubt I'll ever find a straight bar that works as well, but the lambda athena certainly looks the best clamped of any non slant razor I've seen.
I have the SuperSlant L1++OC and also the L2++ base plate……as well as the Athena. I’m on odd one so far. The L1++ is a bit too mild for me but the L2++ is a bit more efficient than I need.

The Athena, on the other hand, is one of my favorite DE razors. I also have and love the Blutt BR-1 1.20 for frame of reference. I had an Overlander early on and wasn’t able to find the sweet spot.

I have a few other great for me DE razors and a few outstanding SE AC razors as well. If you’re interested, you can take a look at the last 10 pages or so of my journal for the list.

Don't have an Athena, but I do have L1 and L2 Superslants, and .95 and .68 Timeless razors. The Timeless is the most effectively clamped DE I have tried. I highly recommend either Timeless, especially the open comb versions.

Don't have an Athena, but I do have L1 and L2 Superslants, and .95 and .68 Timeless razors. The Timeless is the most effectively clamped DE I have tried. I highly recommend either Timeless, especially the open comb versions.
I've tried the timeless and find the clamping/cutting comfort to be inferior to the l1 super slants. Ymmv obviously

I have the SuperSlant L1++OC and also the L2++ base plate……as well as the Athena. I’m on odd one so far. The L1++ is a bit too mild for me but the L2++ is a bit more efficient than I need.

The Athena, on the other hand, is one of my favorite DE razors. I also have and love the Blutt BR-1 1.20 for frame of reference. I had an Overlander early on and wasn’t able to find the sweet spot.

I have a few other great for me DE razors and a few outstanding SE AC razors as well. If you’re interested, you can take a look at the last 10 pages or so of my journal for the list.
The l1++ is too mild?! How often do you shave? As a daily shaver the l1 (baseplate, no +'s) is perfect for me. The l1+ is great for days I've missed shaving. The l1++ I'd probably only use after a week of not shaving. I've only used the blutt .99 and it was great but sold it because the l1 was so much more comfortable a shave for me

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The l1++ is too mild?! How often do you shave? As a daily shaver the l1 (baseplate, no +'s) is perfect for me. The l1+ is great for days I've missed shaving. The l1++ I'd probably only use after a week of not shaving. I've only used the blutt .99 and it was great but sold it because the l1 was so much more comfortable a shave for me

I'm with Kim on that one. I thought the L1OC (L1++OC) would be a nice slant to have as a bailout razor for those times I get a little overconfident with something aggressive. Unfortunately not. It left too much behind, and I'm not normally one to chase the baby, either. For me the L2OC or the L3SB (there is a very slight difference) are excellent shavers. I'm still wanting to try the L3OC but I've got some other uses for the money right now, and there's also a Wunderbar I've had for a lot of years. Not needing to buy a razor just to get a shave right now.

O.H.

I'm with Kim on that one. I thought the L1OC (L1++OC) would be a nice slant to have as a bailout razor for those times I get a little overconfident with something aggressive. Unfortunately not. It left too much behind, and I'm not normally one to chase the baby, either. For me the L2OC or the L3SB (there is a very slight difference) are excellent shavers. I'm still wanting to try the L3OC but I've got some other uses for the money right now, and there's also a Wunderbar I've had for a lot of years. Not needing to buy a razor just to get a shave right now.

O.H.
I'm truly baffled. The l1++ leaves me completely smooth and I shave a full head of hair and an armenian beard that comes up to my eyeballs. Truly nothing escapes the dreaded ymmv truism that I get sick of saying and hearing lol

I'm gonna test some different blade combos soon. I always use the l1 plate with a feather or lab blue. The wunderbar loved milder blades like gillete silver blues. I ordered two extra top caps for my super slants and am going to test the l2 and l3 with milder blades. I suspect any mildness or aggression were feeling is simply due to blade combos. I'd just swap out the baseplates but unfortunately I've found the super slant breaks my de blades in half if I try to use one in more than one top cap and baseplate

A couple of months ago I posted to say I was finding the SS L2 too aggressive. I considered buying a milder base plate but they were so expensive that I decided it would be better to just sell it and buy another one especially as I didn't want to keep the L2 plate.
Anyway I sold it for about the same as I paid (it was used condition when I bought it) and bought a brand new L1+ (with a discount code) for a little bit more and it's working so much better for me. I just had a nice close shave with no irritation. The L1+ with an HD handle feels more like a stainless steel version of the 37C which is what I was after having purged my collection of chromes.

A couple of months ago I posted to say I was finding the SS L2 too aggressive. I considered buying a milder base plate but they were so expensive that I decided it would be better to just sell it and buy another one especially as I didn't want to keep the L2 plate.
Anyway I sold it for about the same as I paid (it was used condition when I bought it) and bought a brand new L1+ (with a discount code) for a little bit more and it's working so much better for me. I just had a nice close shave with no irritation. The L1+ with an HD handle feels more like a stainless steel version of the 37C which is what I was after having purged my collection of chromes.
Glad to hear that! I've been telling everyone the l1s are amazing

Good to know. I picked up the L2++ and found it smooth but harsh at first. I decided to stick with it and I’m glad I did. It’s definitely not a daily rider for me but on those days with extra growth (Saturdays) it works great, I just have to be very careful. Don’t chase BBS, no extra buffing, take it easy on the upper lip etc. I’d still like to pick up an L2 or lower for more frequent use at some point.

Top Bottom