What's new

razorock F400

anyone have this shaving brush? it's the big red one with the black knot that razorock offers? how is it? is it too floppy? can you give me your thoughts on it if you have used it.

I have the orange/butterscotch version with the black/noir synth knot. And I love it. It has quickly become one of my favorites. The long handle really makes working lather easy. And the knot is really soft yet has decent backbone. I have tended to use it with creams but it also works nicely with softer soaps. I think you’ll love it if you get it. And you can’t beat the price.

I have the orange/butterscotch version with the black/noir synth knot. And I love it. It has quickly become one of my favorites. The long handle really makes working lather easy. And the knot is really soft yet has decent backbone. I have tended to use it with creams but it also works nicely with softer soaps. I think you’ll love it if you get it. And you can’t beat the price.
I agree 100% but I have one gripe about the black cashmere knot: it releases water and slings lather everywhere. It's super annoying. Otherwise, the handle is awesome and it does in fact, work best with creams.

I just realized that the red one is massive compared to the one I have. I also bought the Beehive which is massive but not quite as big. I like the Beehive but I’m not sure I would like anything bigger. If you like big brushes I’m sure you’ll love it.

I agree 100% but I have one gripe about the black cashmere knot: it releases water and slings lather everywhere. It's super annoying. Otherwise, the handle is awesome and it does in fact, work best with creams.

I’ve found the same thing with most of my synth knots so I always make sure to shake out the brush a good 3 hard shakes instead of the 2 I normally do with badger and boar.

I have only used it a few times, I'm a face latherer and this is huge, I use it to bowl lather, it can drop a lot of water so a good shake before loading is necessary. It is super soft and works well, My wife has the Hulk with the same sized plissoft knot and she uses it as her go to brush. I think the black knot and the tuxedos are similar, I don't put too much stock in different properties of synthetic brushes they are all soft and get the job done, I find they have little variance compared to Badger brushes

I have it and I love it. If I had one minor gripe it would be it has so much backbone and is so densly packed that sometimes it takes some effort to get the brush to splay. Tips are very soft.

I love it. It is a bit tricky with water. You can't leave it too wet because it will hold a lot of water. It takes a finer tuning to get used to how much to use without being too wet or too dry, much more then the butterscotch version. You will get used to it quick and then love it. I find it is not too sloppy once you know how to use it. I only bowl lather with it, and I think it would be harder to manage for face lathering. It has good backbone and I really don't splay it too much as I paint the thick, rich lather on my face. The only negative is that mine bled some dye for probably the first 5 uses. After that it has been one of my favorites along side the butterscotch. On a side note I also have the Aluminum handle synthetic version. They released the Aluminum like 2 days after I bought the butterscotch. I found the knot in the butterscotch is much better for bowl lathering then the Aluminum. The knot is much softer on the Aluminum.
Steve

Top Bottom