What's new

Raw Unkut Razor Blades

I stumbled across these obscure razor blades and bought a tuck. They boast of being made from "Swedish Steel" so probably are Chinese in origin.

No idea how they'll shave, but I'll know eventually.

IMG_20240510_100531966.jpg

I would agree that the blade is most likely Chinese. :w00t:
Most Chinese blades I have tried are not very comfortable to shave with IMO.

I've tried my share. It's a mixed bag, not all good or bad. I like the FlyDear a lot at its price of 5 cents a blade or so. It does the job. It's not as good as say a GSB or the KCG, but it is a third the cost of the GSB/KCG.

Excellent: Chinese King C Gillette (4 shaves)

Good: FlyDear Super Platinum (8 shaves total)

Good, but experience is short: Cloud (Blue - 2 Shaves), Matgicol Super Platinum (1), Suneko Super Stainless (2), Baili Super Stainless (Blue - 2 shaves), Jifuli (4 shaves)

The Cloud, Baili, and Jifuli are very mild. If you like the Derby Extra, they are on the same order. The Matgicol and Suneko are sharper like the FlyDear.​

Not Good: Shubaili (2), Flying Eagle Carbon Steel (1), PearlMax (5)

The PearlMax is at least usable. The other two snag and pull on even my less than hirsute facial hair.​

Last edited:
We’re they on the shelf next to the Dull & Rusties?
You're almost exactly on target. I found them at a surplus store run by my state. Basically the store exists to liquidate seized TSA goods from air travellers. I grabbed a new tuck of Feathers and Lord Platinums at the same time for $1 each. Not a huge bargain there.

They had a bucket full of Van Der Hagen safety razors (boring) and I found an old flare tip Super Speed for a buck. It's pretty much luck of the draw what you find when you stop by.

I was there buying some tactical pens for a self-defense class I am teaching for women. $5 is what the store prices them at which is a real steal (aside from the TSA taking them from you in the first place, heh).

Last edited:
Top Bottom