What's new

Quick and Dirty for Quarter Hollow

IMG_5872.jpeg
Due to a slight case of the lazy butt (didn't feel like fishing around in the shop for my Arkansas hones) I passed on Game Plan A pertaining to sharpening my friend's Jerry Stark. Went with what I had on the bench in front of me....Norton Ultra Fine Ascent and Pierre La Lune.
Whoa....10 minutes or so later I had a truly fine and unusually keen (for a 1/4 hollow blade) edge ready to go.
Works pretty well on full hollows as well.

View attachment 1786644Due to a slight case of the lazy butt (didn't feel like fishing around in the shop for my Arkansas hones) I passed on Game Plan A pertaining to sharpening my friend's Jerry Stark. Went with what I had on the bench in front of me....Norton Ultra Fine Ascent and Pierre La Lune.
Whoa....10 minutes or so later I had a truly fine and unusually keen (for a 1/4 hollow blade) edge ready to go.
Works pretty well on full hollows as well.
I haven't looked into an Ascent, but I could see a Spyderco uf and a la lune with oil finishing an edge to the point of a barbers hone but leave a comfortable edge to shave with. Tell me about the Norton uf, is it ceramic?

They are pretty much the same hone I am told. Norton is about 8k. It is a ceramic material of some sort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom