What's new

Question got those who use After Shaves.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
You can buy a 3.3 oz. bottle of Santa Maria Novella Patchouli on Amazon for a mere $154.00! :rolleyes:
I think that price is for the Eau De Cologne, not aftershave. In the UK the 100ml EDC is £125 and the 100ml aftershave is £43. EDC and aftershave are completely different products. By comparison, 100ml Creed Aventus Cologne is £295; Creed do not make an Aventus aftershave, they do however make an aftershave balm at £75 for 70ml. There seems to be a lot of confusion between aftershave, eau de cologne, and eau de toilette etc. They are different products at very different prices. I would take Brut or Skin Bracer over any of them.

I think that price is for the Eau De Cologne, not aftershave. In the UK the 100ml EDC is £125 and the 100ml aftershave is £43. EDC and aftershave are completely different products. By comparison, 100ml Creed Aventus Cologne is £295; Creed do not make an Aventus aftershave, they do however make an aftershave balm at £75 for 70ml. There seems to be a lot of confusion between aftershave, eau de cologne, and eau de toilette etc. They are different products at very different prices. I would take Brut or Skin Bracer over any of them.
It could be Cologne, but it says 'after shave lotion'. And the product description states; 'solution of water and alcohol that refreshes and tones the skin after shaving'. Either way, it's far beyond my shaving budget!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It could be Cologne, but it says 'after shave lotion'. And the product description states; 'solution of water and alcohol that refreshes and tones the skin after shaving'. Either way, it's far beyond my shaving budget!
It does indeed. That is amazing - on amazon.com the after shave lotion 100ml is €154. The same product on the UK Santa Maria Novella page is £43. Unless I misunderstand, which is perfectly possible, that is quite a difference!

I spent about $45 for a 4 ounce bottle of Aramis aftershave recently, and have done so every couple of years since discovering Aramis probably thirty years ago. Totally worth it. But a $150 bottle of aftershave? Nope.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Out of about 10 AS that I have, the majority from small makers, the 3.79 CAD Skin Bracer if mine and my wife's favourite. I'll probably buy a box of it at some point before it becomes another unavailable old name.

The fragrance of an aftershave will hardly last as long as it takes you to get dressed and leave your house. So paying that much just for the skin-calming benefits seems outlandish. There are many aftershave choices that work well for considerably less money. I primarily use Saponificio Varesino and DR Harris aftershaves that run between $40-$50 because I like them a lot. I would spend $150 on a great parfum but not an aftershave. Unless I was curious and heard great things. But that seems very expensive for an aftershave.

$75

Do I wish it was cheaper, yes. Will I still pay $75 once the bottle is empty, yes.

Feels amazing on my face & the scent lasts all day. It's essentially a soothing EDT.

1706878888483.png

Got two email this week from Shave vendor advertising After shave on sale.

Couple were upwards of $150.00 for bottle.

Know real PERFUME is pricy, as recall working in cousin drug store back in late 50’s.

Good stuff was $25.00-$50.00/OZ.

Do guy drop $100.00 - $150.00 a bottle on post shave stuff?
Not this guy I use drugstore clubman classic vanilla or bay rum.

Nope.

My wife used to buy me expensive aftershaves. Not in the $150 range, more like half of that. All of them left a sticky sensation on my skin and I had to wash my face within an hour after use.

Over the years, I found a few that I can wear the entire day without feeling like I have glue on my face. In order of preference: Pinauld Clubman, Aqua Velva, Gillette Cool Wave. The last one does feel a little “sticky” but I can tolerate that. AV and Pinauld are my favorites. AV is the most refreshing and least noticeable, Pinauld leaves my face feeling smooth like a baby butt. If they were $60 a bottle instead of $6, chances are I’d still use them because they work for me.

Same with soap, many $30 soaps were nice and smelled great but could not match the performance of $1 Arko stick.

Top Bottom