What's new

question for night shavers/morning shavers

I'm an evening/night shaver. Around my place, that it the time when I can relax and go for something between a DFS and BBS. It isn't as smooth in the morning as it was the night before, but it is still better than any electric can deliver (and my beard grows FAST). Is it a case of you actually seeing stubble in the morning or just that it isn't the fine smooth skin of the night before. Look at those around you. I'll bet that until midafternoon you're still the smoothest guy around. Put away the carts and relax.

I feel this way, too. I am not a morning person and would have to share the bathroom with SWMBO so shaving would not be the relaxing, quiet time that I relish.

While I may have a little bit of stubble in the morning when I go to work it isn't anything that others would notice unless they were totally invading my personal space. However by mid-afternoon I notice the shadow coming back.

Used to night shave some years back and have that little bit of roughness in the morning. I now start at Midday, but have the school run at 0830Hrs. Daughters up at 0630hrs and swmbo is up about 0715hrs. So I get a nice relaxed morning shower and shave. Out to school, back, breakfast, surf B&B, uniform on and a nice slow drive to work. My biggest problem is what AS do I wear today?

I do all my shaving in the morning, I set the clock 45 min early no matter what time I have to get up and moving so I can have my shave time.

I like a morning shave as part of my routine. It just helps start the day off better going clean and smooth :001_smile

I night shave on occaison and find that wake up with a DFS at least. My theory is that beard growth slows or stops while you're asleep. I don't know how else to explain it. If I shave in the morning, I have a 5:00 shadow by the evening. So shouldn' I wake up with noticable stubble the morning after a night shave?

Also, this is a perfect application for using my favorite aftershave Lucido. I still can use an aftershave splash, and don't have to "stink up" my pillow with a scent.

Last edited:
I too night shave. I have to be at work at 0500 so I am not really interested getting up earlier than the 0400 that I currently get up. I still have a nice smooth face when I get up. No rushing at night!!! A nice relaxing shave!!!

Tom

I have a door-to-door commute of 90 minutes, . . .
That sounds brutal. Since 1976 all of my workplaces had been within sight of my house but even so, I am grateful for early retirement. Not that my employers cared about face hair.

I'm a night person, so I often get a 5-minute shower followed by a shave ... er, chave, well after midnight. I spend a minimum of 1/2 hour in the process, taking my time in the prep and the cleanup.

If I shave at night (which I typically do), no, I do not touch up my face before heading to work. But I do this on purpose, because I'm a sweaty mess at my workplace and I don't want to risk agitating my skin.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't want to go to bed on clean sheets with the days dust and dirt on me that I have acquired thru out the day. So it is a shower and shave before bed time for me.

I'm clean, the bed sheets stay clean, and they get changed once a week, whether they need it or not. :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Night shaver here when I'm relaxed and not in a hurry. My face is still clean shaven when I wake up at 4:30 AM. I'm off of work at 2:30 PM right before it is too noticeable. I always look clean shaven at work.

Last edited:
I shave in the morning. It's just what I have done for my entire adult life. At night I am often tired and I would not be all that comfortable taking a sharp implement to my face when I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. Once I get out of the shower in the morning I am wide awake and ready for a nice shave to start my day and greet the world with a fresh clean shaven face. That's just me.

So I tried shaving last night to see how it goes.

I ended up shaving little stubbles again this morning. Just a quick touch up pass.

As a veteran, in my early shaving days it was a forced thing to do the shaving in the morning. The basic training dill sergeant lectured that he knew an overnight growth when he saw one, and it would not be tolerated. I kept the habit, though sometimes "morning" was a relative thing. Sometimes I would move it to the beginning of a job or shift, whatever hour that may be. When I still had some kind of social life sometimes I would touch up in the afternoon. If you need to go in a hurry, Barbasol is as good a foam as any IMHO. I also happen to have some Adnan Akat Blueness shave gel, which I believe is brushless (have not tried it yet), but if I wanted something more luxurious then that is what it would be.

When I first started shaving, my turn was after my dad and brother, then it was military and morning shave was a habit forming must and it had to be a close shave
When our house was too busy in the morning and only one bathroom I got up early enough to comfortably DE shave in the morning, showered at night. Till we were able to get a house with our own bathroom and the kids had theirs, My morning shave is my ME Time, a time to think and plan my day and enjoy my shave. Now that I'm retired and the kids are gone, I can shower and shave for as long as I want, as long as my wife and I don't have an early day planed to go on a day trip.

I do both. I'm up at 0400 at least four days a week for PT, so I shave the night before. I simply don't have time to shave after my workout. As an added bonus on those days, my neck is over any irritation, so wearing a tie is more comfortable. On days when I work out in the afternoon or on my day off from the gym, I shave in the morning.

I am a technician/mechanic everyone else I work with is straggly and hairy or look like they don't know what a razor is or if they do shave it is like once a week or so. That being said I shave after my shower at night after my kids go to bed(1 and 4) that way I can relax take my time and enjoy it seeing as it doesn't matter what I look like in the morning and besides that my face is usually still pretty smooth when I wake up.

Top Bottom