What's new

Question about T-H rooney brushes

Does any one have a direct comparison between truefitt and hill rooney made brush style 1 large, and a rooney branded brush style 1 large?

that's my understanding.
I do not see a difference in the handle.
My T&H 1/2 says "silvertip badger" and I was told it is equivalent to rooney "super".

The only difference at this point is price - and with the coupon code "BB10" you can get 20% off of the Truefitt & Hill branded brushes, which usually brings it below the best price on a Rooney Super Silvertip (same grade as what they give T&H).

I've been eyeing the T&H Style 1/Small (a Rooney 1/1) for a while now. $79 at 20% is a killer deal for that brush, IMO. Comes out just over $63!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The only difference at this point is price - and with the coupon code "BB10" you can get 20% off of the Truefitt & Hill branded brushes, which usually brings it below the best price on a Rooney Super Silvertip (same grade as what they give T&H).

I've been eyeing the T&H Style 1/Small (a Rooney 1/1) for a while now. $79 at 20% is a killer deal for that brush, IMO. Comes out just over $63!

That's a super brush, especially for the money you are paying for. My favorite!

I just received my T&H branded 1/1 in super. It's a great brush. I've been using it for a week now, hasn't lost a hair. The tips are incredibly soft but there's plenty of backbone. This would be very hard to beat for the price with the B&B discount.

Thanks for the tips fellas, I appreciate them.Have any of you compared them side by side?

You mean a Rooney branded Rooney to a T&H branded Rooney equivalent? I personally haven't, but it is widely known that they are the same, because Rooney literally makes them and slaps a T&H logo on it. So the comparison would be uneventful. No more variance than exists within Rooney's branded offerings due to manufacturing tolerances.

I will say that there are a couple of colors only available as T&H branded, such as lavender and green onyx.

Recently snagged a T&H 1/1 myself, and it's really very nice :thumbup: Mine lost a few hairs the first couple of shaves, but seems to be keeping it all together nicely now. Say, as an aside, would this brush fit just about any brush holder? I'm looking to pick one up so I can properly hang-dry the brush.

There's a forum on the T&H website about their brushes. The T&H rep on the forum states that the brushes are made by Rooney:

Yes, we contract with Vulfix and Rooney to produce our respective brushes, soft and firm. Note however, T&H brushes are made to spec (greater hair content). The firm brushes comprise of two models: Style 1 and Style III, the latter which we refer to as the older T&H Classic design.

I couldn't resist grabbing a 1/3 (T&H Branded) for $80... I also grabbed a tube of cream to get the free shipping (>$100). Not bad considering the same brush branded Rooney is $160!! How can T&H sell them for $100 ($80with BB10 discount)?!?! I hope I'm not missing something here...

There's a forum on the T&H website about their brushes. The T&H rep on the forum states that the brushes are made by Rooney:

Yes, we contract with Vulfix and Rooney to produce our respective brushes, soft and firm. Note however, T&H brushes are made to spec (greater hair content). The firm brushes comprise of two models: Style 1 and Style III, the latter which we refer to as the older T&H Classic design.

I stand corrected. Apparently the T&H brushes are denser.

"Yes, we contract with Vulfix and Rooney to produce our respective brushes, soft and firm. Note however, T&H brushes are made to spec (greater hair content)"

I beg to differ with T&H. I think they're simply trying to establish a point of difference for marketing. I returned a T&H 1/2 shedder and got a replacement. The first had a noticeable fan shape and looked bigger. The replacement was bulb shaped and appeared a bit smaller. This made one appear denser than another.

This is just manufacturing tolerance difference, and didn't matter to me at all, but if you lined up any number of Rooneys and T&H brushes of the same type, they'd probably all look a bit different. Especially bloomed.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist grabbing a 1/3 (T&H Branded) for $80... I also grabbed a tube of cream to get the free shipping (>$100). Not bad considering the same brush branded Rooney is $160!! How can T&H sell them for $100 ($80with BB10 discount)?!?! I hope I'm not missing something here...

That's the style and size I'm thinking about getting.Would you post some pics of it?The T-H website uses the same pic for all sizes.Could you also post some measurements of your brush?The huge price difference is what made me makethis thread.If indeed they are the same quality brush then the extra 80 dollars is quite the brand mark up even though there is less ink on the handle.

That's the style and size I'm thinking about getting.Would you post some pics of it?The T-H website uses the same pic for all sizes.Could you also post some measurements of your brush?The huge price difference is what made me makethis thread.If indeed they are the same quality brush then the extra 80 dollars is quite the brand mark up even though there is less ink on the handle.

I sure can... it won't be until next week since I had it sent to my Parents place (where I'll be spending Memorial Day Weekend).

Measurements are very close to the Rooney 1/3... I absolutely love the handle size! For only $80, I really can't justify buying the Simpson Chubby 2 as its close to a $140 difference.

Total height: 104mm
Loft: 54mm
Handle: 50mm
Knot: 26-27mm (I can't get an exact measurement, but the Shavemac is a 26mm)

Note that the photo was taken post-bloom...

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo and measurements.The fan shape has a nice arc to it.Kinda like half bulb.Just the type of brush I'm looking for.I think I'll have to order one in fake horn soon.

Top Bottom