What's new

Quest for less technology

That’s why I bought 40 years worth of blades in my first year. Haven’t felt the need to buy other blades since then. Sometimes an itch yes, but zero need.

That’s what I do: I split tucks into 5 blades and then use one at a time…. Haha! No no no my dear Boris! A tuck is a tuck! No deviations for TaaT Cult Leaders :winkiss:
First off yes I will use the 10 blade tucks in one go, but no we in TaaT is no cult. No strange wierd rituals. No positions within the organization. No promotions. No hazing for new people. We are just a group of folks who wanted a bit order in our life.

If you thought that a10 blade tuck is a challenge you should see the Personna x-series. 100 blades in a box no tucks. Does that mean I have to finish the box in its entirety?

Does that mean I have to finish the box in its entirety?
I didn’t make the rules…but it sounds like you would be shaving with Personna’s until the end of times has arrived. Yes.

And then again, it’s your rules so you can change them. I am not judging.

1715167954834.gif

Evening shave - 5/7/24
Razor: Matador de Luxe
Blade: Derby Premium (5/5) (3)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: Omega 81052 Banded Boar
Aftershave: AV Classic
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
This setup still does not disappoint! Solid consistent shaves back to back to back. Easy to use and no irritation and super close.

This must have been one of the best weeks of shaving that I have had. It seems like every shave is marble like and super close without irritation. I have even played with boar brushes and switched a few things around, but that does not seem to affect this razor and blade. The Omega 81052 banded boar brush is coming along nicely. Last night I puck loaded it from my normal BSS #1 and face lathered and it was no issues what so ever. The brush is now splaying nicely and the tips are splitting. Still it is the most backboned brush that I have. I could see myself coming to like boar brushes after all. I never thought that I would say that. I do need to break out my new RazoRock RR400 though and give it a go.

Happy shaves everyone!

One thing I have noticed regarding boar brushes vs synthetic is how much more water I have to add while face lathering. When I do load the boar brush I do load it the same number of swirls so I guess I am pulling up more soap into the brush, due to the increased backbone, but I assume that the brush itself holds less water than a synthetic does. Also a factor is that my boar is 22mm and my normal synthetic is 24mm.

I can confirm that boar brushes does not sling water nor lather around in the bathroom as much either as compared to a synthetic. I guess the boar holds on to the lather better.

One thing I have noticed regarding boar brushes vs synthetic is how much more water I have to add while face lathering. When I do load the boar brush I do load it the same number of swirls so I guess I am pulling up more soap into the brush, due to the increased backbone, but I assume that the brush itself holds less water than a synthetic does. Also a factor is that my boar is 22mm and my normal synthetic is 24mm.

I can confirm that boar brushes does not sling water nor lather around in the bathroom as much either as compared to a synthetic. I guess the boar holds on to the lather better.
I noticed the same with my synthetic brush, I sling water and lather all over the place too haha :)

I think it should be the "Statistical Nerds Lounge". A league can imply teams. Whereas any statically inclined nerd can just go to the "lounge" and hang with other so-inclined individuals. There you can relax, put your feet up, order a drink, listen to whatever you like and debate endlessly about the various and varied items that catch your eye and tweak your curiosity. And of course your furniture can now be of the "Lounge" variety. And depending on your "doggedness" as to debates and arguments you'll become "Hounds of the Lounge". BADABOOM! I'll be at the lounge bar all week.

reface_1603145911264_834.GIF

I think it should be the "Statistical Nerds Lounge". A league can imply teams. Whereas any statically inclined nerd can just go to the "lounge" and hang with other so-inclined individuals. There you can relax, put your feet up, order a drink, listen to whatever you like and debate endlessly about the various and varied items that catch your eye and tweak your curiosity. And of course your furniture can now be of the "Lounge" variety. And depending on your "doggedness" as to debates and arguments you'll become "Hounds of the Lounge". BADABOOM! I'll be at the lounge bar all week.

View attachment 1842710
I fully understand your point regarding the lounge and that makes sense. However, a nerd would never be caught in a "lounge". Lounge implies smokey bar, having drinks, relaxing etc. Does not really fit the nerd vibe.

Boris, I overpaid for a tuck of Derby Premium ($2 for 5 blades) so I could qualify for free shipping of some unscented soaps. I wanted to try them based on your implied recommendation.
Now I suddenly feel pressure building.......... No, joking aside, I think you will find them quite good. The entire tuck for me has been a winner. Very smooth and plenty sharp to do the job at hand.

Top Bottom