What's new

Quest for less technology

I know how you do a blind test........you have some blades you want to test. Take them out of the tuck put them in a bowl. Blind fold yourself and pull a blade out of the bowl. Unwrap it and load it in the razor.....easy...then you can take off your blindfold. Now I do admit that this way has it's risks, but.......
kind GIF
My wife to me..."How'd you cut yourself"?...."Well..."

Morning shave - 4/25/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
I decided to turn my attention to the fantastic Swing razor this morning. I will leave the Merkur 41C along for a bit and return to it later. The Swing is quite the efficient razor for me and today was no exception. You do have to be a bit attentive with it so it will not bite you. I was successful at that and I had no weepers nor nicks. Very comfortable shave completely without issues. Very smooth and close shave just the way it is supposed to be.

The Merkur 41C will return here and there. I will try it with different blades as I am running through the different blades this year. I do have a tuck of Feather and of BIC CP that may change how it shaves. Time for the Swing to make an appearance. It was about a month since I last used it and that was with the Tiger, which was not one of my best shaves. However, this outing with the Derby Premium was one that shaves are supposed to be. Smooth, efficient and easy.

On a sadder note. I had to drop out of the April GRUME. Italian Barber sent out message of a 24 hour sale and of course they had some items on sale that I have been eyeing for a while.
1714048026356.png

I have been talking about wanting to try the thin SS handle and see how the balance of the razor changes. I have been close to picking this one up before, but this time for some reason it was time. I also ordered an RR400 brush that I have heard so many good things about. I am excited to try it out.

Happy shaves everyone!

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Morning shave - 4/25/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
I decided to turn my attention to the fantastic Swing razor this morning. I will leave the Merkur 41C along for a bit and return to it later. The Swing is quite the efficient razor for me and today was no exception. You do have to be a bit attentive with it so it will not bite you. I was successful at that and I had no weepers nor nicks. Very comfortable shave completely without issues. Very smooth and close shave just the way it is supposed to be.

The Merkur 41C will return here and there. I will try it with different blades as I am running through the different blades this year. I do have a tuck of Feather and of BIC CP that may change how it shaves. Time for the Swing to make an appearance. It was about a month since I last used it and that was with the Tiger, which was not one of my best shaves. However, this outing with the Derby Premium was one that shaves are supposed to be. Smooth, efficient and easy.

On a sadder note. I had to drop out of the April GRUME. Italian Barber sent out message of a 24 hour sale and of course they had some items on sale that I have been eyeing for a while.
View attachment 1835372
I have been talking about wanting to try the thin SS handle and see how the balance of the razor changes. I have been close to picking this one up before, but this time for some reason it was time. I also ordered an RR400 brush that I have heard so many good things about. I am excited to try it out.

Happy shaves everyone!
Uncle Boris,

I received the same email and I'm tempted to buy some of their hard what the pucks. As the soap whisperer, what temperature does soap melt? In other words, will it survive a hot UPS truck in Georgia?

Uncle Boris,

I received the same email and I'm tempted to buy some of their hard what the pucks. As the soap whisperer, what temperature does soap melt? In other words, will it survive a hot UPS truck in Georgia?
It should just be fine. It might be a bit soft but it will harden once you bring it in. It is wrapped tightly anyways. Worst case is that you have a bit deformed soap, but still fully functional.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Excellent gear to go out with Boris! A RR400!! :001_wub: I could start a Cult for that! :lol:

Amazing brush and it will definitely provide you with some excellent lathers.

Glad to read the shave with the Swing was superb today. That's what that razor is all about.

Enjoy!

Guido.
My RR 400 is starting to shed again. Good thing I have others, including the butterscotch noir, which I may try for the first time tomorrow.

Top Bottom