What's new

Quest for less technology

My two Mont Blanc pens and my Pelikan pen all kind of resemble the Lamy 2000. I forget the names. I could search the acquisition thread from last year and find out, maybe I will later. Athe Mont Blanc pens came from Japan and the Pelikan from Germany. They weren’t the super premium pens, but, I paid enough that the leaks irritated me. Oh well. I haven’t searched for the nearest pen show in the Midwest. I would love to go to one.

Well Boris, I did make a JetPen purchase today, but it was none of the pens you mentioned. I got some paper, and a Platinum Preppy and supplies to fill it with bottled ink for a work pen. I have a black one at work now that is doing fine. I’ll move my TWSBI 580 back to the house. Come take think of it I do need a few more for the other store. Chit. Another order. Too bad no one local carries these. So far I’m a cheapskate on the Fountain. But the LAMY 2000 is calling me. One day. One day.

Well Boris, I did make a JetPen purchase today, but it was none of the pens you mentioned. I got some paper, and a Platinum Preppy and supplies to fill it with bottled ink for a work pen. I have a black one at work now that is doing fine. I’ll move my TWSBI 580 back to the house. Come take think of it I do need a few more for the other store. Chit. Another order. Too bad no one local carries these. So far I’m a cheapskate on the Fountain. But the LAMY 2000 is calling me. One day. One day.
Lamy Studio...great looking and writes beautifully.

My two Mont Blanc pens and my Pelikan pen all kind of resemble the Lamy 2000. I forget the names. I could search the acquisition thread from last year and find out, maybe I will later. Athe Mont Blanc pens came from Japan and the Pelikan from Germany. They weren’t the super premium pens, but, I paid enough that the leaks irritated me. Oh well. I haven’t searched for the nearest pen show in the Midwest. I would love to go to one.
Montblanc 220? I would not mind one of those. Looks like the Lamy 2000 but nowhere the"tank like" build of the Lamy.

Last year was my first pen show and it was a bit shall we say overwhelming. 1000s of pens in one place and pens ranging from $5 to $8000 is a lot to take in. If you have the chance try to go.

Preppys are great toss around pens. Nibs run a bit large. It is too bad that the platinum converters are so costly otherwise I would put some in them. I just syringe fill Preppys.

Lamy Studio...great looking and writes beautifully.
The studio is nice and I like and use mine. I have it inked right now. However in build quality and engineering the Lamy 2000 is in a league of its own. Now it does come at a premium price as well of course. If you get a chance to handle one you will know what I'm taking about.

Top Bottom