What's new

Query

Why is it that after an especially difficult and full day of work, and perhaps one or two glasses of fine bourbon, one might unwisely find oneself pondering, just before turning in, "so what - I can still pull off an excellent shave, I think ... maybe with a Tech?" Just a hypothetical, mind you.

Maybe shaving can be a relaxing ritual, and it's nice to clean up a bit before going to bed? That doesn't seem totally unwise.
Agreed. You are spot on. I didn't do a good job communicating that in my case, the 1 or 2 glasses of bourbon (okay maybe four or five, consumed with my best buddy who is about to leave town for a long time tomorrow) are what make the shave unwise this evening.

Why is it that after an especially difficult and full day of work, and perhaps one or two glasses of fine bourbon, one might unwisely find oneself pondering, just before turning in, "so what - I can still pull off an excellent shave, I think ... maybe with a Tech?" Just a hypothetical, mind you.
Shaving when intoxicated is fraught with peril Sir, even with the remarkable Tech.

The "Drunk Shavers Friend" as it is known throughout the globe.

However dangers lurk, as I can attest to.

This is the result of drinking 14 pints of Ye Olde Bastarde cider (a fine brew, sensible plastic bottles to foil fumbles and a remarkable 14% proof. Excellent for the alchoholic on a budget) and attempting a 3 passer with a late 50's English Tech while unwisely not keeping my mouth shut at about 03:00am.
Blood GIF by The Weeknd

Oh how we laughed!

Last edited:
Shaving when intoxicated is fraught with peril Sir, even with the remarkable Tech.

This is the result of drinking 14 pints of Ye Olde Bastarde cider, while unwisely not keeping my mouth shut.
Blood GIF by The Weeknd

Oh how we laughed!
Haha. Fully agree, my friend. Which is why I shall refrain this evening despite the uncomfortable amount of prickly stubble on my skinny ole neck.

This is the result of drinking 14 pints of Ye Olde Bastarde cider and attempting a 3 passer with a late 50's English Tech while unwisely not keeping my mouth shut at about 03:00am.
Blood GIF by The Weeknd

Oh how we laughed!
And I now have to circle back after a suitable reflective period and properly commend you for this fabulously epic reply. Well played, sir.

Any thoughts I may have hypothetically been harboring of inviting you for a friendly drink and trying to steal your late-50s English Tech while you were otherwise occupied have been dashed. And are now too scary and bloody. Hypothetically.

Top Bottom