What's new

Pulled pork tacos

So my wife hates tacos. The only way I get to have tacos is if I make them, so for years that's what I've done. With price of beef way up I've lately been using on sale pork chops. Throw them in the grinder and season them. Well this time I had some left over pork shoulder in the the freezer. This was a whole shoulder that was rubbed with 7 or 8 typical ingredients for a pork rub. Then it spent a day and a half in the smoker until the internal temperature reached 190 degrees. Made great pulled pork sandwiches for days and the rest in the freezer. Well after thawing it pulled apart just fine and into the cast iron skillet. lightly seasoned it up and into tacos it went. Along with a small amount of re fried beans, cabbage, leatuce, sour cream, cilantro, onion and tomatoes. It still had the excellent smoky flavor and made the best tacos I've ever had. Because I like the tacos a little crunchy and didn't have any corn tortillas, I filled the tacos with meat and beans then cooked them on the cast iron until crunchy to taste.

Carnitas, what a wonderful use of pork. My favorite at the local Mexican restaurant is a pork chimichanga. Off menu, but is a good thing.

I just finished the Sunday meal, but that sounds so good I may have to do something like that for dinner. Sadly, it won't be with smoked pork, which sounds amazing.

Sent via mobile - Chris

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm buying this to make tacos al pastor.

proxy.php

There are people that make a living taking nothing but pictures of food, and other places that make a living selling just pictures of food. It's really not that strange to do it and post here. :)

Aside from that, tacos are always a win!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
"My wife hates tacos"

sorry- English is my first language, but I cannot parse that sentence. :biggrin:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Someone had to post a taco picture right?

I prefer my pulled pork smoked on the pit.

Pulled pork tacos with pickled radishes cilantro and lime juice.
$IMG_2455[1].jpg$IMG_2457[1].jpg

If taco's aren't to your liking, how about a pulled pork sandwich?
$IMG_2458[1].jpg

Top Bottom