What's new

Pro fusion or Con fusion

M

Masternate

new to DE & wetshaving.Learned alot reading,watching & experimenting,thanx.I am able to get a tremendous shave with my fusion since I got my lathering technique down & don't think I could get a better shave with a DE.I am willing to continue the journey but am wondering if there are others that find the fusion the best thing since...?

A Fusion is better than a clam shell, or plucking the hairs out individually, but a DE will give you a better shave in the long run.

Just remember that there is a learning curve, and you might get frustrated...but the results will be well worth it.

In fact, you might even get the straight razor itch....and then you know, you'll never want to use a Fusion/Mach3/Quattro ever again.

Oh, and welcome to B&B!

After switching over to a DE 10 months ago, no one will ever convince me that I can get a great shave with a multi-blade cartridge. My neck is no longer chopped up and itchy and I no longer have ingrown hairs on my chin. The Force is strong. You will feel it soon and wish you didn't spend all of that money on Fusion cartridges. Welcome aboard.

I couldn't get a clean shave with the Fusion, acquired when they were first made available. A month later, I had migrated to the DE. :w00t:

-- John Gehman

I got a lot more performance out of my Fusion Power with better technique, prep and two WTG passes. But after 1 DE shave, the Fusion is relagated to use at the Gym.

I used a Fusion for about 3 years, always had trouble with razor burn on my neck and could never get it smooth. Cheeks were fine, neck always had stubble even with multiple WTG, XTG, ATG. Plus the cost of the cartridges is ridiculous, $13 for 4!?? I just switched to a DE last weekend and I paid less than that for a razor and 10 blades, a Gillette Tech and Wal-Mart blades. While I still have a lot to learn regarding technique and such, my shaves are more comfortable and closer. Wish I had switched before I dropped $40+ on 16 Fusion cartridges, still have 11 left plus a AOS Fusion handle, any interest in the handle and blades?:001_smile

Cheers,
David

Never used a fusion, but I haven't touched my Mach3 in like 3 months (since I started using real razors)

I use a Fusion Power with a brush and soaps/creams.

I really really wanted to get into DE shaving, I got a Merkur HD and a sampler pack of blades - but after really giving it a go for 3 weeks, I always had tons of irritation and it looked like I barely shaved - since I never had that much trouble with cartridges in the first place - I went back to the Fusion.

The Cons for me are:
Fusion is incredibly ugly cheap looking plastic razor
The cartridge prices are a rip off
The shaves are fast so you dont get to enjoy the process though

I can not lie though -
If I have had 2 days growth - all I need is a good lather, and 1 ATG pass with a vibrating fusion and a relatively new blade and I get an incredibly smooth, feels like the smoothest babys butt on the planet shave on everywhere except my neck, my neck I still get a DFS. Really! - with one swipe!

Shaving every day with a fusion used to be irritating, but is less so now with high quality lathering products and proper prep.

I only used the one Fusion cartridge they sent with the free shaver I got. It was nice but I didn't think it was a vast improvement over the M3. Since I already was doing good prep and using a brush/soap, I was squeezing all the performance I could out of the M3 (and Atra which I normally use). Adding a couple more blades wasn't really making much of a difference. Definitely not enough to justify the cost.

I'm currently using an M3 Turbo which provides a closer shave for me than the Fusion did. I've used the Fusion several times, but just couldn't get a close shave with it. I gave it to my wife. My M3 is seeing it's last days of use as I'm currently waiting for my DE razors that I recently purchased in the classified section to arrive. I hoping this will present a whole new (and better) world of shaving for me.

I only used the one Fusion cartridge they sent with the free shaver I got. It was nice but I didn't think it was a vast improvement over the M3. Since I already was doing good prep and using a brush/soap, I was squeezing all the performance I could out of the M3 (and Atra which I normally use). Adding a couple more blades wasn't really making much of a difference. Definitely not enough to justify the cost.

The cost of these multi-blade catridges is outragous and is a major reason I decided to switch over the the world of DE shaving. Hopes of being able to get a closer, less irritating shave is the other reason.

The cost of these multi-blade catridges is outragous and is a major reason I decided to switch over the the world of DE shaving. Hopes of being able to get a closer shave is the other reason.

+1 - except the actual getting of a better shave here (and enjoying having a shave every day rather than it being something to dread every few days)

+1 - except the actual getting of a better shave here (and enjoying having a shave every day rather than it being something to dread every few days)

Does that mean you switched without the hopes of getting a closer shave, or are you actually not getting a closer shave now?

Quicker, closer, more comfortable shaves with Sensor, Mach 3 and Fusion.

Only shave-snobbery ensures my Slant's future . . . for the time being.

After about a year of DE shaving, I was stuck and was forced to use a M3. Even with strong prep with a brush, good cream and technique, I got a terrible shave. All the neck irritation that I used to know came back with a vengence! Not only that, but the shave was not close at all. Once I've gone single blade, I can never go back! Now I'm getting into straights as well.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Fusion razor gives a fine shave. But I have lots of cartridge razors. I have 4, 3, 2, and 1 blade models. With all those , why buy a Fusion cartridge?

Top Bottom