What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Spinal stenosis? Or PT exercise? PT is physical therapy. Spinal stenosis is just a fancy way of saying narrowing of the spinal canal, from injuries, congenital or both. Mine is from both, ha!

Trigger finger syndrome in my left pinky from reconstructive surgery, all ribs popped loose from my sternum, eroded vertebra in my neck, nerve damage in my hands and feet from percussive injuries and trench foot/frostbite, plantar fasciitis, and IT band syndrome. Shoulders not great from lots of scar tissue.

Other than that, I'm solid!

Frozen shoulder. Got it out of nowhere last year. I woke up with the affliction. Couldn't lift my left arm behind my back above belt line. Got a cortisone injection into shoulder joint to accelerate healing. After almost a year, I am 95% okay. Can scratch again!

The obese lemur in the video may also have frozen shoulder. I know exactly how he feels!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spinal stenosis? Or PT exercise? PT is physical therapy. Spinal stenosis is just a fancy way of saying narrowing of the spinal canal, from injuries, congenital or both. Mine is from both, ha!
Sound like a lot of nagging pain...hope not.

I had a pretty violent shoulder dislocation several years ago, since then I am prone to tweaking my right shoulder occasionally while working them. It's nothing too serious and I take care of it by going lighter weight with higher reps when it's sore followed with a Salonpas pad and ibuprofren.
Also a little tennis elbow which I wear a compression wrap for when it's acting up and occasional knee pain if I'm not careful. A brace for a day or two sorts it out.
Nothing too serious for a guy pushing 40 really!
No surgery?

I have had issues with impingements in both shoulders. What has worked for me is making sure to avoid things that aggravate it - bench presses, dips, etc.

Doing soft tissue work (ART/myofascial release, etc.) has helped.

Another thing that has helped is doing mobility stuff prior to lifting
. Look fro Kelly Starrett's videos on utube,

Add, another thing that has helped - switching to a Safety Squat Bar for Squats, and a Swiss Bar for pressing.
I always stretch

I jarred my left hip 3 years ago when I slipped carrying buckets of water.
After a lot of struggling, painkillers, anti-inflammatories, x-rays and scans, I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis 2 years ago- severe inflammation of the blood vessels above the hip joint starving the joint of blood
It was painful walking, even on 2 crutches, and eventually my left leg ended up 2 inches shorter than my right, inserts in my boots helped (a little)
After more x-rays and scans, the Doctor told me last year that the head of my left hip joint was dead and I had a hip replacement last June.
My left hip has healed nicely, and I've regained what I believe to be 99% use of my left leg.
The Avascular Necrosis has spread to my right hip, and although I'm reasonably agile on 2 crutches, it's painful sometimes. The Consultant has authorised another hip replacement either this month or next month
Every day I'm waiting for the phone call from Son Espases Hospital in Palma to let me know when I'll be admitted for the op
Until then - life goes on................

Frozen shoulder. Got it out of nowhere last year. I woke up with the affliction. Couldn't lift my left arm behind my back above belt line. Got a cortisone injection into shoulder joint to accelerate healing. After almost a year, I am 95% okay. Can scratch again!

The obese lemur in the video may also have frozen shoulder. I know exactly how he feels!

How did you find this animal video with the exact affliction that you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reset as in rebroke it?
No, just popped back into place! It was never broken. A lot of times a dislocated shoulder can be popped back into place without going to a doctor at all. We tried but it wouldn't pop back in. It was a kayaking accident, I was on a river and flipped upside down. My paddle caught a big rock on the riverbed as I was trying to flip myself over and the leverage popped my arm out of the shoulder socket.

I have knee issues. Majority is from football and the military. I went to the doc a few years ago to get xrays of my knees. They are both off to the side.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm just beginning my routines but the chronic injuries I have to contend with are multiple lumbar herniated/bulging discs causing various degrees of constant back pain, occasional sciatica, spondylosis of the cervical spine causing neck, arm and hand pain/numbness and SLAP (Superior Labrum Anterior, Posterior) tears in both of my shoulders. General arthritis of the spine and shoulders. The SLAP tears in the shoulders are problematic for most of the exercises I'd like to do. Surgery is not an option for my shoulders. In a younger person surgical repair only has a 60% success rate and surgery for my age (60) is not recommended. So I am trying to do some gentle rehab with Circular Strength Training using light weight Clubbells. I have an inversion table, but use it infrequently. If I use it on a regular basis it begins to strain/weaken my ankles.

No, just popped back into place! It was never broken. A lot of times a dislocated shoulder can be popped back into place without going to a doctor at all. We tried but it wouldn't pop back in. It was a kayaking accident, I was on a river and flipped upside down. My paddle caught a big rock on the riverbed as I was trying to flip myself over and the leverage popped my arm out of the shoulder socket.
Your lucky, i needed reconstruction.

I'm just beginning my routines but the chronic injuries I have to contend with are multiple lumbar herniated/bulging discs causing various degrees of constant back pain, occasional sciatica, spondylosis of the cervical spine causing neck, arm and hand pain/numbness and SLAP (Superior Labrum Anterior, Posterior) tears in both of my shoulders. General arthritis of the spine and shoulders. The SLAP tears in the shoulders are problematic for most of the exercises I'd like to do. Surgery is not an option for my shoulders. In a younger person surgical repair only has a 60% success rate and surgery for my age (60) is not recommended. So I am trying to do some gentle rehab with Circular Strength Training using light weight Clubbells. I have an inversion table, but use it infrequently. If I use it on a regular basis it begins to strain/weaken my ankles.
How did all these injuries occur, were you a football player?

Top Bottom