What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

J. Patton's Storm Front in a Altinok SG120 meer...
$IMG_0695.jpg

dig the tie -- what maker?

Kelly

The maker of the bow tie is Tommy Hilfiger. I bought a few cheap bow ties today. I'd like to get comfortable with the technique, and then start to collect some nice ones. Hopefully I'll get the technique down pretty quickly.

Rob,
(This may have to migrate to the Haberdashery)
We started a BowTie Tuesday at school. About 1/2 of the male faculty wear them on Tuesdays. Check out Beau Ties Ltd (Vermont) and Bow Tie Club (Maryland). I just got a bunch of British Rep stripes from BowTieClub and have a few MC Escher designs from BeauTies. Both have great ties. Their prices are about double or triple what you paid (I picked up a Tommy tie for $18), but they don't fray like the cheaper ones do. The result of your technique looks good to me. A perfect bow tie is a clip-on or banded pre-tied. A slightly imperfect tying is a sign a hand tied bow -- and therefore the height of class (or that's my supposition). Once you get the hang of it, they'll be easier than a regular necktie.

Also check out OoOtie out of Boston. I just got a tweet that they are running a 20% sale during the coming blizzard.

Kelly

The tie and the pipe look sharp, heck even made for eachother! I also have had a fondness for bowties but I don't wear the right type of collars shirts for them all that often. I should look into some wardrobe additions!

Rob I showed off your pipe to some buddies and they are rather jealous, I can't wait to show them mine so they can be doubley jealous of all this Peterson awesomeness!

Sweet 'stache. I had a pretty decent Van Dyke going, but shaved it off on Feb 1st. SWMBO was actually disappointed and wants it back, so I think I'll set about growing another one. The pointed goatee with curled up 'stache was sweet.

Top Bottom