What's new

Poll - Face lather, bowl, or little of both

Do you face lather, bowl/scuttle lather, or a little of both

• Face Lather

• Bowl/Scuttle

• A bit of both face and bowl

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on the soap. I tend to bowl lather my best soaps, probably because I think face lathering is less economical. Right now I am using a puck of super cheap Godrej and I use it as a stick and face lather. It is disappearing quickly. I don't expect 30 shaves from it.

When I do bowl lather, very little goes on in the bowl. I just try to incorporate some water into the mix before taking it to my face. Scuttle keeps things warm between passes.

I am 80/20 in favor of bowl/scuttle. In the winter I almost 100% scuttle. It depends upon what soap/cream I am using, the weather and my mood. When I travel I 100% face lather.

I tried bowl lathering for the first time today. I know it was my technique but even if I did it really well I couldn't see the point of bowl lathering; it's adding another step to the process that only has visual feedback. Not my bag I'm afraid at least until I get some soaps as well as creams. I do like the looks of some of the scuttles and bowls you can get though.

Once in a great while I'll face lather. I far prefer lathering in my scuttle. The lather is piping hot and just feels nicer on the face

I used to bowl lather exclusively but now I only face lather. I may go back to a bowl one day but it won't be anytime soon I don't think.

I started off using creams and bowl lathering. A few years ago, I ended up with a stick of Arko that converted me to soaps and face lathering. These days, I rarely use creams and never bowl lather.

Mike

I started off face lathering then switched to a bowl. Last summer I went back to face lathering and have done so exclusively since.

I have a G5 scuttle and love it, but I've been shaving in the shower for much of the last year, so it's been face lathering except when I'm on the road... then either bowl, or stick and face lather.

I'm a scuttle user much of the time, but I had a leaking scuttle for a while and went exclusively face lathering for a month. I prefer the scuttle, but when time is of the essence (or when using a stick like Arko or GZD), I will face lather.

I used to only bowl lather, but since trying face lathering a couple of weeks ago that is the only way I'll lather from here on out.

I have typically been face lathering, but decided to try out a new brush in a bowl I picked up this weekend. May do a bit of both depending on my mood and the day.

I've face lathered in the past but now exclusively bowl lather...to be honest niether is better or worse...just personal preferance at the moment. Plus I have a pretty cool looking Turkish pottery bowl.

When I travel I face lather most of the time with a shave stick. When I am home I bowl lather 99% of the time.

Top Bottom