What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Erinmore again, this time in a Danish Sovereign (a Stanwell "second" I believe, not that I can find fault with it!)

I call that a "Classic Smoke"

I have a pouch of Prince Albert in my "queue" which I'll smoke in any one of a number of reasonably upmarket briars, will that make me a social climber or slumming it?:lol:

3 bowls at the local pipe shop last night.

Pease Cumberland in my new Brebbia Avanti prince
Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Sav Punto Oro large billiard w/ military mount
Bright CR Flake in my funky Paronelli beater.

C&D Opening Night in a Bruce Weaver Pear nosewarmer

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Captain Black regular in a MM Legend. I know my smokes are pretty boring but I am just getting into pipes and I must say I am enjoying it very much and I am developing PAD and TAD!! Not good for my budget! I am sure I will be smoking some better quality tobbacco soon enough and hopefully in a nice briar! I do enjoy the cobs though!

The important thing not what you smoke, but that you smoke what you like. By all means experiment and have fun but don't feel like you have to apologize for your smoke.

The important thing not what you smoke, but that you smoke what you like. By all means experiment and have fun but don't feel like you have to apologize for your smoke.

Oh I am enjoying it very much and I am just trying to start out with some basic stuff so hopefully when I buy some more expensive tobbacco I will be able to detect the "higher quality." If, when I try the "higher quality" tobbacco I don't like it as much as PA or CB, well then I won't be buying the more expensive stuff anymore and will enjoy the cheaper stuff all the more!! I get how pipe smoking is very individual, like shaving with a brush and DE, and I think that is one of the reason's I am enjoying so much.

Oh I am enjoying it very much and I am just trying to start out with some basic stuff so hopefully when I buy some more expensive tobbacco I will be able to detect the "higher quality." If, when I try the "higher quality" tobbacco I don't like it as much as PA or CB, well then I won't be buying the more expensive stuff anymore and will enjoy the cheaper stuff all the more!! I get how pipe smoking is very individual, like shaving with a brush and DE, and I think that is one of the reason's I am enjoying so much.

I got to try some 'drug store' baccys a while back. My favorite of the bunch turned out to be Half and Half. After I finish my "quality" tins, I plan on getting a big ol' tub of H&H!

peterson cc , bushmills whiskey to accompany my first attempt at reading Ulysses. seeing as i have been living in dublin for nearly 8years now and have not read any joyce. having a pipe to enjoy it with seemed approprate. so far on page 16.
also incedently my first combo of pipe and whiskey. very nice

Attachments

• $IMAG1380.jpg
    $IMAG1380.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 110
peterson cc , bushmills whiskey to accompany my first attempt at reading Ulysses. seeing as i have been living in dublin for nearly 8years now and have not read any joyce. having a pipe to enjoy it with seemed approprate. so far on page 16.
also incedently my first combo of pipe and whiskey. very nice

Very cool post, man. :thumbup1: We should do more of these "snapshots".

Enjoyed some John Denger (St. Charles, MO tobacconist) blended "Packet" in a MM Diplomat after mowing the yard and trimming some trees.

A morning smoke before work. PA in a MM Diplomat. Snapped a pic after the clean up.

Attachments

• $Pipe.JPG
    $Pipe.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 196
Tonight it's Penzance in a Peterson B5 (Donegal). Funny thing about this rather "lowly" Pete' ...it combines two of my favorite shapes/features as I think of it as a bent bulldog with a squat calabash/Rhodesian bowl. I've not had many Peterson's that I've kept for long, but this one is a gem. I see the 2011 Sherlock Moran pipe has a similar look. Maybe when (if?) they offer them separately and with a fishtail bit, I'll "bite" on one of them as well. Then again, there's the 2011 POTY... Hmmm...maybe it's time to reinvestigate Petersons (for what it's worth, I'm generally more of a fan of older Bjarne freehands (RIP Mr. Nielson) & cheaper Tsuge pipes).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom