What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

The Balkan Sobranie in a Brebbia meer-lined Ebonite churchwarden...
proxy.php

Last edited:
McClelland's Rose of Latakia in a BC gourd Calabash...
proxy.php

This is an awesome Calabash pipe, I love the extra long stem.

Had a bowl of Super Value Black & Gold Cavendish in a 9mm Sitter pipe.

Many people really give this blend a nad wrap but I really like the blend. It has a naturally sweet flavor and aroma to it and has literally no bite at all. I really like the blend but it lacks that classic cavendish signature flavor; if you know what I mean.

Blenders Gold Natural Cavendish in a Charatan Mayfair bent Rhodesian.
$DSCN0794.jpg
Natural Cavendish was the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked. I haven't had it for years but it is everything I remember about, I love Natural Cavendish! This particular blend doesn't have that signature cavendish flavor, but it is still very nice and naturally sweet.

Last edited:
Orlick Golden Sliced in a cob. I think I didn't let this dry enough this time, because this bit me like a rabid dog. I didn't puff too fast either, as I tried timing it to where it would almost go out. Another beginners lesson learned.

Just bought a new Amadeus Army Push-bit Churchwarden from the local smoke shop; Ye Ole Briar Shoppe and loaded it with one of the house blends called "Hole In One". A nice natural cavendish blend with a naturally sweet flavor and a creamy, leathery aroma, almost as if the blends consists of sweet virginia, burley and natural cavendish.
$DSCN0789.jpg
Not a bad smoker, the bowl gave me a bit of greif when I first tried to smoke it. After I got the tobacco lit, the bowl completely stopped smoking and was impossible to drag; almost as if it were plugged! I removed the stem and put my pipe tool through the shank and it openined right up. Bits of the brian went into my mouth when I put the stem back on and started smoking it again. But now, its a wonderful smoker!

Earlier today, 2005 Germain's Royal jersey followed by PS Proper English in a Peterson Green Spray Spigot XL02...
proxy.php

Last edited:
Started with McClelland Brindle Flake in my Oldenknott - but it was a soggy mess about 1/3 through and I abandoned the bowl. I have to spend more time figuring out how to properly handle flake - as it was a FAIL

I regrouped and loaded the no-name basket pipe with half a bowlful of McClelland Frog Morton - that was much better, a full hour on that in the cool moonlight was just the recovery I needed

Top Bottom