What's new

Pinaud Vanilla?

For years I searched for a substitute for long discontinued JB Williams' Mon Triomphe, my fave AS when I started shaving in the 70s. A month ago I finally cracked a jug of Clubman Vanilla that had been on the shelf at least a year and Voila! It was the Mon Triomphe scent I'd been looking for. That said, I can't describe it at all. Like all Pinauds, apply it sparingly as it is strong and it lasts a long time.

I love the Vanilla and there is a mild note of vanilla way down in it, but it is more floral. Definitely less powdery than Clubman and one of the mossy muskiness of Clubman.

People apply Pinaud sparingly??? ;)

As many have said, I don't get much, if any, vanilla in the scent. Light and crisp is apt. Much less powdery that original Clubman. Of the two I prefer Vanilla. Was one of the first A/S I ventured into and it's still one of my favorites. At the price it performs ridiculously well. And I don't find it to be as strong, or as long lasting, as the Original.

I wasn't impressed with Vanilla at first, way too sweet. But I've started mixing it with a homemade Tobacco Oud and I really like it.

I'm wearing it today and I didn't shave ... on off days I'll often splash Thayer's Supermedicated, but today I followed it with Vanilla.

I have not used it in a long time, but I like the stuff. As was mentioned before, I also recall seeing something from Pinaud that the name refers to the color, not the scent.

From my recollection, the scent has herbal and floral components, quite well mixed for a cheap drug store splash. The base note is deep, without being heady. If I had to classify it, I'd say it's in the amber family of cologne scents.

Just picked some up yesterday. No vanilla, but very floral. I've transferred it to glass to see how it changes, but I like right now.

Also picked up a country club sized bottle of Clubman (16oz) at a local beauty supply shop for about as much as a 6oz bottle at the local chain pharmacy...

A couple months old post, so it hasn't been pushed 6' under yet..... I will say that the Pinaud Vanilla is AWESOME! I agree that it's the most "modern," and crisp A/S splash that doesn't bring an "old fogey" reminder to one's nose. I find that it's the "lightest" and "freshest" note of all clubman fragrances, with their "citrus musk" a close second place to the vanilla. My own nose detects lemon grass, jasmine, slight citrus and carnation. It's extremely enjoyable and won't bog down the room or office when you walk into the board meeting.

Top Bottom