What's new

Pinaud Clubman

I ran into it at Walgreens myself today and thought the smell was nice but decided to wait and see what SWMBO thinks before I throw money out lol

Ellenville, New York. Not too far. Maybe they were brothers.

Small world. I use to spend summers in the Ellenville area. Also, used to fish the Wallkill River.

Ellenville was where the Nevele Hotel was. I used to spend time in South Fallsberg at the Windsor Hotel and of course in Kiasmesha Lake at the Concord Hotel. Once those hotels folded, the economy of the entire region collapsed. I could really use a week at one of those hotels with the phenomenal meals coming every few hours.

Regarding Clubman (and VIBR and SR), the line has become my favorite. I find it hard to wear the more expensive, sweeter smelling colognes after splashing on the Clubman. I even splashed on some Clubman yesterday before my haircut so I could have the pre-barber shop scent before I walked into the barber shop!

Did you just buy those bottles or do you just like looking at the unopened ones and dream of the scent? :thumbup:
Is that an Old Spice shaving cream tub I see in the back?

Does anyone know what's the best Pinaud hair tonic for thinning hair? Is it from the Clubman, Lustray or Jeris line? I read about one that keeps the hair in place without plastering it down and dries quickly.

How about the Lustray or Jeris line? I hear that some of them are good but the scent doesn't last very long.

Last edited:

Ellenville was where the Nevele Hotel was. I used to spend time in South Fallsberg at the Windsor Hotel and of course in Kiasmesha Lake at the Concord Hotel. Once those hotels folded, the economy of the entire region collapsed. I could really use a week at one of those hotels with the phenomenal meals coming every few hours.

Regarding Clubman (and VIBR and SR), the line has become my favorite. I find it hard to wear the more expensive, sweeter smelling colognes after splashing on the Clubman. I even splashed on some Clubman yesterday before my haircut so I could have the pre-barber shop scent before I walked into the barber shop!

Did you just buy those bottles or do you just like looking at the unopened ones and dream of the scent? :thumbup:
Is that an Old Spice shaving cream tub I see in the back?

Does anyone know what's the best Pinaud hair tonic for thinning hair? Is it from the Clubman, Lustray or Jeris line? I read about one that keeps the hair in place without plastering it down and dries quickly.

How about the Lustray or Jeris line? I hear that some of them are good but the scent doesn't last very long.

You definitely bring back memories of the OLD DAYS! Long time (almost 20 years) since I was is that part of Upstate NY.

I am MOST IMPRESSED with your Pinaud collection. CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbup::thumbup1:

In answer to your question about hair tonic (fortunately I am doing OK in the hair department), I like Jeris but prefer Lucky Tiger. YMMV of course.

I bought that bunch about four years ago. Most of them are still on the shelf partially used.
The exceptions are the hair tonics that have been replaced I think once, the Bay Rum twice and the regular Pinaud I use a bottle every two months.

This time of year the Lime Sec and Citrus musk are nice. I usually mix them up with Royale Lime and/or Dr H. or ST Char. Sandalwood. Also if your lady friend is kind of esoteric, the Draggon Noir will please. It is the most complex scent I have ever worn.

As far as the best hair tonic, I like the Eau de Quinne and the Pinaud greasless hair tonic. For thinning hair, just trim it (your hair) all down to 1/8 inch or shorter. Buy some hats and forget about it.

Lustray and Jeris lines are a lot weaker.

Oh yeah the Old spice soap was a NOS puck. Used it and loved it-super slick old tallow formula. I would put in on par with P160 in slickness and cushion.

It took me a few uses before I was hooked. Love Clubman. Unfortunately it's not good enough to keep me from wanting to try everything else.

I keep hearing about clubman, but I have a feeling I am going to hate it.
I just don't think classic barbershop scents work with my nose/brain.

I have a bottle of old spice, but I rarely use it. It is subtler than aqua velva musk, but it's still there and I feel queasy smelling that.

Top Bottom