What's new

PIF - Starter Fountain Pen and Ink

I'm in. The only pens I've ever used or owned have been the inexpensive disposable ones. I'd love to try this.

Thanks for the opportunity, sir! Not in though, I've been dabbling in fountain pens for a little while.

Good luck fellas!

I'm in. The kids are at the point of moving beyond their dip pens. As a result, it's time for me to begin increasing, and loaning out, my currently small collection of fountain pens. Thanks.

Generous PIF ... I'd stopped hanging out in the NIB because I didn't need another "affliction" ... but really want to give an FB a try.

So I'm in.

Thanks!

I'm in! Would love to try a decent fountain pen. I had a Schaefer(?) when I was in grade school just because I was fascinated with them. I wasn't able to take care of it at that age, or the nice calligraphy set I had(not that they're the same thing by any means, just another fascination with finer things, writing, and the art of penmanship). I enjoy taking the time to do things nicely and with a little more effort, and I think that this would help carry that strategy into other areas of my life.

Last edited:
Great PIF! I'm in...love the Cross line-up. Thank you for this chance to increase my collection from one to two:001_smile

I'm in, been using a cross ballpoint for many years. Recently been tossing around the idea of trying out a fountain pen. Thanks!

I'm in! I have some Pilot Varsity Disposables and they are OK, but would like to try a good one.

Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm in. always wanted to try a fountain pen out. If I win I can see the money drain begin again if I like it... :lol:

I'm in.
This would be my first FP. I was a studio arts major in college and have always been an artsy fartsy type. I've never tried calligraphy and I'm not even sure that would be how I'd use this pen. More than likely it will be a nice writer for me to keep at my desk and use for any and everything that needs writing at home. Shopping lists, helping kids with homework, doodling, editing proposals, writing out my thoughts/ideas, designing/drafting patterns for woodworking, etc...
Thank you very much for the offer.

I'm in. The beautiful pens in the Sue auction gave me want to try something better than the cheap ball points I've been using. I've been looking at some pens online, but there are so very many of them it's overwhelming and I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Top Bottom