What's new

PIF a Week #17: Kramperts Bay Rum with Etched Flask

Respectfully request to be in on this great PIF! I've been on a Bay Rum stint for the past couple weeks and would love to try more!

I've got actual work to do before we do a meeting at my office so I might come back and edit this post with something good.. or not. Have a great day and thank you for the great PIF!

I'm in.. And hopeful! What an awesome PIF! After reading through the banned list a few times I think I'm safe for the entry. Thanks for the chance!

I'm in. My auntie used to breed labradors & we rode around on their backs as very small children! Friendliest of ALL the dog breeds IMHO.

$IMG_0142.jpg

Only right I post a pic of my girl. We call this training, but she calls it fun. She's just been doing water retrieves and we're standing at the back of my truck and she's pretending not to notice that it's time to go.

Here is Marley guarding my newborn baby son.
He is a dainty 120 lb half lab, half Newfoundland. Best family dog I could of asked for.

I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity. I don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails, we have three dogs including a lab.

I'm in. I've never smelled bay rum and would like to know what all the fuss is about. I have no idea what kind of gustatorial affections it would inspire in my pitbull but I'm prepared to take it like a man.

Awesome PIF this week. Thanks for that creative list, the wife and I couldn't stop laughing. Please count me IN.

I'm in, if that is alright. I'm wanting to try different Bay Rum scents, only having one to use now, which is VIBR. Thank you for your time and consideration. :001_smile

I don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails.
My family's first dog was a German Shepherd named Bill. Bill died in a car accident when I was three years old. I was terrified of the dog, who was way bigger than me, but I cried like ... a three year old, I guess. But harder than I've ever cried since. And I remember acknowledging my mother's explanations about what had happened with the question: "OK Bill's dead. But when's he coming back?"

There's one dog story, anyway, and a young child's learning of loss and impermanence. Sorry for the downer. Or the black humor, depending. Anyway, I really like bay rums. And flasks. And etching.

I'm in (since I'm not Gimli). I feel compelled to point out that he would be disqualified for another reason . . . his beard gives evidence that he does not use aftershave.

As for:
being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails

Well, I don't mind but I'd rather leave it to this guy:

"a dog's mouth has fewer germs than a human's."

Besides, my dog knows to stay off my <wife's> bed.

Well, this is distressing. Yesterday, the last day of the PIF, our house was completely empty for nearly the entire day. My son was competing in a Marching Band competition in Virginia Beach and he left early in the morning with the band while my wife and I went down in our car to help serve hot meals to the kids once they got there. As a result, our labrador was left alone for the day except for the couple of times our neighbor kids came over to play with her and let her out.

On arriving home late last night, I immediately sensed a disturbance in the force. Other powers had been at play on my property. My Yoda like antenna sensed another power; a new player in the game. There was a familiarity about it. The shape and nature of the force was familiar, yet the owner of it was different. What is more, my sweet chocolate lab was deeply asleep, she didn't even get up to greet me when we walked in the door. What could have so exhausted her in our absence??

And then I saw this:

$image.jpg

There, in the middle of my kitchen floor, was Petros the Pelican holding Rocco11's entry in his beak next to a dog dish with what is clearly a "thank you" biscuit in it. A cold dread spread across my torso and I shook involuntarily.

It's not too hard to put the pieces in some sort of order here. Do coincidences happen? Sure. All the time. Could it be a coincidence that Petros chooses the owner of another lab? Sure. Why not. Could it also be mere coincidence or luck that the owner of that lab and winner also lives in Virginia?? Or that, as this picture indicates, that this particular lab can also drive? Please note the shadowy resolution of the pic making positive identification in a lineup difficult.
$image.jpg

Sure. These things could have just happened. That biscuit, smelling distinctly of male lab, might have been left by my neighbors. Perhaps my sweet little girl was simply exhausted by playing with the same neighbors. Maybe Petros just picked a random winner who also lived in the same state and owns a lab with a driver's license. Sure. Sure. Sure. All of these things might be unrelated and innocent, but I smell a rat.

Unfortunately, I can't prove that one of our member's dogs undermined a closely watched process of PIF winner picking by seducing my until now unsullied female lab. I can't prove that the biscuit is a bribe and there's simply no evidence that Petros was threatened by a breed well known to be "Bird Dogs" and legendary for their danger to anything with feathers both in the field and in the water.

But I tell you folks, this whole thing stinks. Stinks like yesterday's fish. Ok Rocco11, the Krampert's is yours, but can you really enjoy it? Will you sleep at night? Or will the real kingpin of your home target you next?

Pm me your address and I'll have the sheriffs deliver your winnings and take a statement.

Top Bottom